Chapter 18: Jake

In one of my lowest moments of college, I woke up overnight on the shower floor. My clothes were soaked and chilled my skin down to the bone. Shivers trembled through my entire body and my lips quivered violently as I stood up slowly against the painful throbs in my head.

With my wet clothes stripped off and puddled, literally, on the bathroom shower floor, I stumbled down the hall to my bedroom with just a faint moonlight path from the hallway window as a guide. The hallway blurred and my feet stumbled a few times, which pitched me against the wall for support.

Why the fuck did they put me in there? Or more importantly, why the fuck did I stay?

The rumpled spots in my white comforter triggered flashes of what I'd walked in on earlier tonight, and I groaned loudly. Once inside my now thankfully empty bedroom, I dragged my hands down my face, then flung myself onto my bed with a grunt. My heavy eyes slid closed and I passed out quickly.

A low groan vibrated my dry throat when sunlight streamed in through my window over my eyes. The memories of last night, what I'd seen in this same fucking bed, crashed back into my conscious faster than I woke up.

Fuck, what a mess.

Just when I thought things couldn't get more fucked up with Harper.

My shitty mood was only broken up with my phone ringing and the only thing that kept my hand from flinging it into my wall was the unknown caller ID.

"Hello," I grunted out with heavy, half-closed eyes.

"Always knew she'd fuck you over," a haughty, unfamiliar, male voice taunted me. "Fuck you, Harrison."

"What -" I started when the caller hung up. Before I responded, message after message flooded into my phone. At first, I thought it was spam but the contacts were legitimate ones, my teammates.

Evan: Nice, bro. Stupid, but nice. 👍

Griff: 🤮 I was eating bro.

Jax: The fuck, Jake? I can't unsee this shit.

Grant: Uhh... Jake? Is that you?

Another scroll down clenched my stomach inward.

Ellie: Jake!!! Did you know about these!?
Ellie: link
Ellie: I can't unsee this shit.

Dread filled my chest like slow-mix cement as I clicked on Ellie's link, which brought up some random girl's blog website. With its girly layout and swirly, script fonts, it looked weirdly similar to the 'I Hate Jake Harrison' page and... yep, included a link to that one.

Coupled with my hangover, my forehead throbbed painfully hard at the title's obnoxiously large, bold font.

Jacob Harrison, USC's quarterback and now top of my new naughty boys list!!! 🔥🤭🔥🥵🔥 link

Fuck, if Ellie's sent this...

I had no idea how Ellie had been sent a link to a Pornhub page but clicked on it anyway. My blurry eyes read, reread, and reread the title because I honestly couldn't believe it was fucking true:

"Jacob Harrison, USC quarterback just how his girlfriend sees him!"

"What the fuck..." I mumbled at my phone like it answered me, then rolled my thumb down the page.

It can't be. How the -

Seven explicit pictures were posted on the site, all of them me, completely nude.

Oh, fuck... How? Just how the fuck did this happen!?

By the time I dressed, washed my face with cold water, and popped a few painkillers, any sliver of doubt was washed over by the mounted evidence thrown in my face. All my social media accounts were spammed, over and over, with the same damn link as more and more sites picked up the 'news.'