Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep

Dex's POV:

"Acron!" I bang on Acron's door, "Man, you gotta wake up!"
I continue banging on the door when suddenly another door opens.
"Do you mind?" A very familiar, high picked voice, snarls.
I turn to look who it is and jump backwards, panic firing my gun and accidentally hitting a small slime at the other end of the hall.
"What is Foxy doing here!? I'll kill him!" I yell.
That Keori girl pushes him back into the room and holds her hands in front of her.
"Don't shoot! Please don't shoot!" She whimpers.
"That thing killed my family!" I sneer at her.
I point my gun at the door.
If he even steps out I'll blast his head clean off.
I hear a gun get pointed in my direction. I turn around quickly to see Foxete with a gun pointed at my head.
"Drop the gun." She demands. I do as I'm told.
"Put your gun away too." I say calmly. She puts her gun down.
"Foxy, Keori, Toby, are you alright?" She asks, rushing over to them.
"You really need to start telling me these things." Foxy sighs.
"I thought Keori would of told you that he was here." Foxete looks over at Keori.
"Sorry." She bows her head.
"Do you even remember me?" I laugh with as much acid in my voice as I can muster.
"Unfortunately, no." Foxy winces, "It probably doesn't matter to you, I'm different than I was many years ago, I have emotions now."
"Ha! Like you could have emotions." I roll my eyes and walk off.
I'm going to finish my mission.
I'm going to kill that fox.

Foxete's POV:

I finish making the 20 bombs for Dex. Keori made 10, and I made 10. Now all they need is to be filled with the poison. I look over to my right to see Keori, passed out on a chair. Acron walks in and wakes Keori up. He's followed by Illoha.
"What up?" I ask.
Why'd ya' wake me?" Keori yawns.
"Bonnie isn't responding." Illoha sighs.
"What!?" Keori gasps.
"Alright, I'm going down there." I get up and sigh.
"Absolutely not." Acron laughs, "I'm going down."
"Okay, we're going down." I smile falsely, walking towards the
"Foxete, no." Illoha grabs my arm and yanks me back.
"Hey!" I pout.
"You need to stay here! If Acron.." Illoha hesitates, "can't make it back to the ship, we can't risk loosing 3 of our captains. We'd die."
"But-" I argue.
"No, I'll find Bonnie and be home before your birthday." Acron sighs, "I promise."
"You have 30 hours." I frown, "The city is under attack and Bonnie's transmitter is offline. Don't make promises you can't keep."
"Then I'll try my best." He smiles.
"That's all we can do." I sigh.
"Don't go!" Keori gets up and hugs onto Acron, "It's dangerous! I'd rather loose just Bonnie than both of you!"
"I'm sorry kid, I'll see you in a few hours, 'kay?" Acron reassures her.
"Okay." She wipes some tears from her eyes.
"Great, go find Foxy and explain to him what's going on, please." He chuckles.
Keori hesitates at the doorway before leaving.
We all walk to the loading bay.
"I'll be fine!" Acron sighs at our worried faces.
"Of course you will." I smirk, "Just don't hit a tree."
"Oh! Of course!" He laughs the looks down the hall and drops his voice down, "Now, I heard Dex was flirting with you girls. So, I give you my full permission to beat him up, within reason."
"Good." I smile.
"I'll see you tomorrow!" Acron smiles, he begins to walk towards the jet.
'Say goodbye, properly. You don't know if you'll see him again.' Puppet whispers.
"Wait." I go over to him and hug him.
He sighs and hugs me back, "I'll be okay."
I drop my voice to a whisper, "Please come home. I can't lose you too, I can't run this place by myself."
He hugs me tighter, "I'll be back, kid. I'll be fine."
"I know you will, but I needed to..." my voice trails off. I think he gets it.
I let go of him and stand next to Illoha. The force field comes up separating him and us. He hops in the jet and leaves to find my extremely moronic best friend.
Please come home.

(730 Words)