16//skating

Hailey waited beside Hermione at King's Cross waiting to be picked up by Natasha. Ron and the Weasley crew had already left through the floor network within platforms 9 and 3/4 but Natasha and Hermione's parents were both running late.

Natasha was most definitely mad about her Hogsmeade adventure but Hailey couldn't help the joy she felt as she waited for someone to pick her up for Christmas. She had just never known this feeling, it was so completely unlike what she'd ever felt before.

Finally, Mr. and Mrs. Granger came to them. They were a little uptight at first glance but were more than friendly with Hailey.

"I'm so sorry, dear. The traffic is horrible," Mr. Granger said to Hermione. Mrs. Granger pulled her daughter into a hug and Hermione tried to pull away.

"Mum! Not here!" she said fixing her hair and rolling her eyes a little in Hailey's direction. Mrs. Granger laughed it off.

"Jean, 'Mione is all grown up now," Mr. Granger joked. Hailey didn't understand why both Ron and Hermione felt embarrassed by their parents. They waited with Hailey until Natasha came to pick her up.

"Our flight was delayed!" Natasha exclaimed as soon as she reached the group. Steve came into view shortly after dragging both their bags with him. There was no way he actually found those suitcases even remotely heavy but he was putting on a good show.

"It's ok, you were only late by like 45 minutes, give or take," Hailey said. Natasha completely ignored Hailey and proceeded to greet Hermione's parents.

"Ms. Romanoff. We have heard so much about you," Mrs. Granger said politely shaking her hand.

They continued their boring parent talk about irrelevant things like politics and world news while Hermione pulled her to the side.

"Hailey! You said you didn't know the other Avengers!" Hermione exclaimed in a hushed whisper.

"I didn't until the last week," Hailey told her.

"How could you not tell me you knew Captain America?!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Oh, I must've forgotten. That's Mr. Rogers," Hailey said casually.

"Oh my god! You should've told me!!" Hermione whispered in an urgent tone.

"Why is it such a big deal?" Hailey asked. Hermione had never made a big deal about the Avengers or even about Captain America

"Big Deal!? No big deal, only Captain freaking America is standing in front of me." Hermione exclaimed. Hailey rolled her eyes. Hermione was just annoying in her fangirling phase (Hailey had plenty of experience with it when Lockhart was at Hogwarts).

"Get me an autograph! Please!" Hermione exclaimed.

"He's right there. Ask yourself," Hailey replied dryly. Hermione blushing at the prospect of talking to Captain America was hilarious though. 

"Hailey! Please!" she nudged. Hailey shrugged. Natasha was talking to Mrs. Granger about only God knew what and Mr. Granger was talking to Mr. Rogers. It was funny to see them interacting, Mr. Granger was 2 heads shorter than Mr. Rogers. He looked up to talk to Mr. Rogers but it seemed that both got off pretty well.

Finally, they decided that time was a factor and they'd better get going.

"Girls, you'll be together all year. Give us the 2 weeks, " Mrs. Granger said.

"Mr. Rogers, Hermi- Ow!- I want an autograph. I really want your autograph please," Hailey gave Hermione the stinkeye as she rubbed her arm where Hermione had pinched her hard. Hermione shoved a notepad and a pen in her hand and Hailey handed them to Captain America who was also turning red at suddenly being put on the spot.