Chapter 4

Shen Tuchuan was silent for a moment but then asked in a cold voice, "What did you say?"

"Your pants, take them off, I want to see..." Ji Ting's confused eyes were misty, and not only were they completely without the force but they were also somewhat pitiful.

Now, she was using her pitiful gaze to beg a 17 year old minor to take off his pants.

Shen Tuchuan's dark pupils stared at her and his heart moved slightly. Just as he was about to say something, the doctor on duty came, so he could only stand up and point coldly at the woman on the bed. "She has a fever."

After speaking, he retreated to the corner and sat down, unlike before he did not turn around and leave. The doctor measured Ji Ting's body temperature and couldn't help but be surprised. "Her temperature is thirty-nine degrees! The temperature is already so high, why did you call me now?"

Shen Tuchuan paused for a moment, his eyes falling on the tiger doll in his hand. She never mentioned her fever because she had wanted to help him wash the doll. The hard black shell that had been surrounding his heart suddenly cracked a little, allowing him to clearly hear his heart beating.

When he was in good health, he had never been loved as much as this. Now, with his left leg disabled, he was cared for so much that the person didn't care about all other things. As Shen Tuchuan reviewed the day's experiences, he suddenly found that he had been protected by her all day long.

......Love at first sight?

The corners of Shen Tuchuan's lips tightened, his eyes indifferent and bleak.

Ji Ting was fed medicine and was already in a deep sleep. The doctor told Shen Tuchuan a few precautions, then turned and left, leaving only the two people in the ward.

Shen Tuchuan quietly sat in the corner, the fragrance from the tiger doll lingering in his nostrils. His eyes concentrated on Ji Ting's flushed face. Her brows furrowed as if she were uncomfortable and she was unable to sleep deeply.

This time, Shen Tuchuan, remembering what happened the last time he tried to listen to what she was saying, didn't go over to try and hear. However, Ji Ting was restless, flipping over a few times and then falling off of the bed again with a loud 'putong'* sound. As he heard the loud sound that seemed to be painful, Shen Tuchuan was speechless, but then with a cold face he lifted her back onto the bed.

As she lay down, Ji Ting whined, "Water."

Shen Tuchuan, originally planning to go back to the corner, stiffened. Gnashing his teeth, he poured her a glass of water. Too bad Ji Ting wasn't conscious and wouldn't be able to drink it herself. In a stalemate, he could only prop her up, manually open her mouth, and pour water in. Although more water was spilled than drunk, Ji Ting was still satisfied. With parted lips, she continued to sleep.

Shen Tuchuan let out a relieved sigh for no reason, then froze briefly before returning to the chair in the corner with a dark face. As he was about to reach the chair, there was another 'putong' behind him.

"......"

In the ward with only two people, Shen Tuchuan expressionlessly faced the wall for a moment until he couldn't support his right leg.

Then, using a chair to prop himself up, he turned around, and with a cold face put Ji Ting back to the bed. This time however, he hugged her so that she would lie down properly. This time due to Shen Tuchuan immobilizing her, she settled down.

Shen Tuchuan turned off the lights and the ward immediately fell into darkness. During this time he had experienced too much and was unable to take a good rest. As he lied down, he suddenly felt very lethargic, and everything gradually turned darker.