Chapter 20.1

As soon as Shen Tuchuan's voice fell, the air was suddenly quiet for a moment. Ji Ting felt in a trance that the iron fence door was blocking the Pandora's Box. If she opened it because of curiosity, she would fall into nothingness.

Want to see?

Ji Ting quieted for a moment and then put on a smile: "Forget it, I'll wait for you to clean it up."

She wanted to see, but she couldn't see it with him around. It'll be fine as long as it wasn't a human body. If it was, she would be putting herself in a dangerous situation.

Shen Tuchuan nodded, reaching his hand forward to pet her head, but stopped as soon as he raised his hand. He smiled: "Let's go."

"......En."

The two walked downstairs side by side. It was obviously only down one floor but Ji Ting felt like she had been walking for hundreds of miles.

The night light on the fourth floor was still on, but the dim light was soaked in coldness, staining the hallway with a disturbing light. Ji Ting was stiff all over, but her expression had returned to normal when she got to the corridor on the fourth floor.

The two passed Shen Tuchuan's door together, and stopped at Ji Ting's door. After Ji Ting opened the door, she looked back to Shen Tu Chuan. When she was about to speak, she saw his hand by the light in the room.

His hands were covered with a mud-like substance, part of which had dried up into particles. It looked like cement, but thinner. Ji Ting frowned slightly. "What is that?"

"Clay, before I used to make sculptures. I bought some and put them upstairs, just now I was organizing things." Shen Tuchuan replied with a smile.

Ji Ting carefully looked at his expression but found nothing wrong. If he really was a murderer who killed a person, after seeing her going upstairs, he definitely wouldn't be like this. Could it be too dark that she didn't see clearly?

She calmed down and said with a smile, "Hurry up and clean it off, don't run upstairs in the middle of the night to pick up things. Even if you are diligent, you should do it at a better time."

"En, I know, good night."

Ji Ting smiled and nodded, and waited for him to return back to his room before returning to her room and closing the door. The moment the door closed, she leaned against the door and sat on the ground, covering her face for a long while without recovering.

Although she didn't believe that Shen Tuchuan would do something that desperate and mad, but that thing which looked like a human hand had really disturbed her.

She sat on the ground for a while, then got up. She grabbed a magazine to read while lying down on the sofa, but she couldn't read a word. She had to put the book down again and looked up at the black mirror on the wall. She looked at herself in the mirror and suddenly had a strange feeling as if the mirror was a huge eye. When she stared at the mirror, the mirror seemed to be staring back.

As soon as the idea popped in her head, she got goosebumps and looked at her terrified expression in the mirror. Her whole body curled up. She found that ever since she transmigrated, she always watched horror movies in her free time to scare herself.

That had made her brain a bit jumpy and wary. Now she restlessly wandered around the room, wasting her time, preparing to go out when the time was right. Just when she thought it was about time, there was a sudden knock on the door.

She wailed silently in her mind, but still walked over and opened the door. It was Shen Tuchuan.

"I had a feeling that you wouldn't be asleep yet. Drink some tea to relax, then quickly go to sleep." Shen Tuchuan said, handing her warm tea.

Ji Ting took a sip and tasted the familiar ginger flavor. As she drank she laid down: "I was already asleep, your knocking woke me up."

"Is that so?" Shen Tuchuan smiled, looking through her.

Ji Ting drank it in one go and returned the cup to him. "If there's no problem, you should go to sleep quickly. Don't be like me, having a weird sleep schedule." If this person never slept, how could she run upstairs to check.

"Well, good night." Shen Tuchuan didn't stay much and turned to go back to his room.

Ji Ting gently closed the door and could not help sighing. She continued waiting for him to fall asleep. As time went by, her sleepiness gradually caught up. Ji Ting yawned several times in succession, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

Seeing that she was getting sleepier, she could only force herself to wash her face. After she regained a little more energy, she took some tools and went out lightly. She went directly upstairs as soon as she left the door. Because she didn't dare make any noise, she could only walk forward slowly, walking and almost falling asleep on the road.

It was only a few steps between the room and the iron fence door, but it made her feel like she had gone out on a long march, and she almost fell asleep a few times on the way.

Her drowsiness was too strong. Ji Ting wasn't sure what she was doing, only that her current brainpower was not enough to help her think about other things. Her mind was full of the hand she had just seen.

When she finally reached the gate of the fence, she took out the small flashlight she had found in the emergency box in her room and shone light on the hand.

The moment the flashlight turned on, she instinctively closed her eyes, and after a while she gathered the courage to peek out. When she saw that it was a real hand, her breath stopped. But after a second, she realized that something was off. Wasn't the color of this hand too red?

She pressed forward, only to realize that in front of her was a hand, but it was a clay hand. The outer layer had cracked, and obviously the person who made this thing was a novice. Ji Ting remembered that Shen Tuchuan said just now that he was packing up the soil for sculpture, and immediately laughed.

She tried to move forward even more.

In her sleepiness, Ji Ting patted her head and thought she was a little too jumpy. Every time she made things out to be various strange events. If Shen Tuchuan knew, he might be unhappy.

Ji Ting was so sleepy that she couldn't hold her head up, looking like a chick pecking rice. After sitting on the stairs for a while, she remembered that she should go back, so she got up and walked downstairs.

As she walked, her feet drifted. When she passed by Shen Tuchuan's room, she fell directly on the ground. Fortunately, the floor was not hard, and she didn't feel any pain.

As soon as she lay on the floor, her drowsiness intensified. Ji Ting felt lazy and didn't want to wake up, she felt her body get colder the more she laid on the floor.

When she was about to fall asleep, she vaguely saw the door in front of her open, followed by a pair of slippers came in front of her. She was hugged before she could say or do anything. Ji Ting looked up and looked at Shen Tuchuan helplessly.

"I knew it was you when I heard a noise outside the door, why were you not sleeping?"

Ji Ting's lips moved, but no sound came out and she fell asleep in his arms.

At first it was a dark sweetness of nothingness, and gradually her consciousness started to return, but she couldn't control her body. She seemed to be soaking in warm water and it was so comfortable that she wanted to sigh, but she couldn't make a sound.

An unknown amount of time later, her eyes opened slightly and she vaguely saw a figure above. This figure was familiar, but she couldn't remember who it was.

The other party noticed that she was awake and covered her eyes with one hand. Ji Ting felt like something was blocking her lips. She bit it subconsciously, and a strange feeling came up, but she didn't have time to think because she fell asleep again.

She slept well the entire night and didn't wake up until dawn.