Chapter 31.4

Shen Tuchuan's condition worsened and he could no longer stay at home. He was sent to his own nursing home by Gu Zhi. There were eight care workers at his side to take care of him. The power of the Shentu family fell completely into Gu Zhi's hands.

In the airtight bedroom, a strong medicinal smell was mixed with the aroma of tea, forming a strange scent.

Gu Zhi sat by Shen Tuchuan's bed and slowly looked at him. "According to our agreement, I won't do anything to Shen Tushan and will let him live his remaining years well. But the premise is that you sign this contract, forfeiting the family business."

Shen Tuchuan sneered. "It seems you feel that you won't need me anymore?"

"It's not that, just that signing would make me feel more assured. After all, your health has always been bad. It will become very troublesome if something happens to you and your mother's relatives come here." At this time, Gu Zhi faced Shen Tuchuan confidently and calmly, unabashedly revealing his purpose.

Shen Tuchuan lowered his eyes to conceal the disdain in them. After a long time, he said, "Keep and eye on Shen Tushan and don't let him die easily. There are so many things to torment him with; he should watch it bit by bit."

"You can rest assured, I will definitely let him see how I devour the Shentu family step by step." Gu Zhi watched him sign the contract and got up with satisfaction.

Shen Tuchuan raised his lips and his eyes flashed with an obscure light. "Is it? Then let him take a good look."

Gu Zhi smiled, turned, and went out. He met Ji Ting, who was cleaning by the stairs, and stepped forward to say in a low voice, "You have worked hard this time."

Ji Ting looked at him and politely said, "It's not hard work, it's what I should do."

"You are doing very well, I will transfer you in a week or two." Gu Zhi assured her.

Ji Ting thoughtfully glanced at him. To transfer her to another post in a week or two, did this mean that he was convinced that the "medicine" Shen Tuchuan was taking would only take a few more days?

After talking perfunctorily with Gu Zhi, Ji Ting hurried into the bedroom. She saw that Shen Tuchuan, who had been lying weak in bed just now, had impatiently opened the window. Ji Ting quickly took a coat and put it on him. "Can't you go to the living room first and let me ventilate this room?"

"It's too stinky." Gu Zhi always brought in a stinky smell with him.

Ji Ting was helpless. "I don't know why you still want to pretend. Now that your goal has been achieved, you can leave at any time; there is no need to pretend to be caught in his trap."

"I still have to pretend for a while longer so that he doesn't become wary toward me." Speaking of this, Shen Tuchuan was also a little annoyed.

Ji Ting wondered. "You aren't going to leave now?"

"En, wait a few days."

"But Gu Zhi seems sure that your recent medicine dose is enough to kill you. It's not like you can pretend to die when the time comes?" Ji Ting frowned.

Shen Tuchuan paused. "He spoke of a deadline?"

"He said, in a week or two."

Shen Tuchuan pondered for a long time then nodded. "It's enough."

"......Why do I feel like you are hiding something from me." Ji Ting raised her eyebrows.

Shen Tuchuan raised his lips. "Do you want to know?"

"Want to ah, what is it?" Ji Ting asked immediately.

"Kiss me and I will tell you."

"......"

"Kiss me, ah."

"...... Actually, I don't really want to know that much." Ji Ting looked at him leisurely, holding her curious heart that was about to explode, and pretended to leave calmly.

Two days later, she appeared with a pair of dark circles and begged with a weak voice. "What are you hiding from me? Tell me quickly."

"Kiss me first." Shen Tuchuan, who had clearly become a smooth talker, was unshakable this time.

Ji Ting resisted. "I'm only asking because I care about you now. If you don't want to say it, then I won't ask. But in the future, if I have any secrets, don't even think about wanting to know."

"What kind of secrets could you have? How is stealing public funds, buying two hundred yuan's worth of snacks, and hiding them in your room a secret?" Speaking of this matter, Shen Tuchuan's voice was cold.

Ji Ting was surprised. "How did you know?" After she finished talking, she realized that she had leaked it and quickly uttered, "Wait, no! I didn't buy anything at all. I, I, don't accuse me!"

"The day before yesterday afternoon, who ran back sneakily with a large bag of food?"

Ji Ting was shocked. "Are you spying on me?"

"I just happened to be looking at the scenery from the window and happened to catch you." Shen Tuchuan would never tell her that he would look out of the window every time she went out until she came back.

After hearing that, Ji Ting explained, "I, I bought it with my own money. That's my right ok? If not for your bad health and that you can't eat that type of food, I would've definitely taken them out and shared them with you. I'm not one to eat all by myself......"

As she said that, her voice got smaller and smaller, but then she frowned after a short pause. "Wait a second, didn't I forbid you from opening the window? Why are you secretly opening it again?"

"......Do you still want to know my secret?" Shen Tuchuan feared that she would start on this matter again and quickly brought the topic back.

Ji Ting nodded. "I want to know."

"Then kiss me."

"......"

"Hurry up." Shen Tuchuan leaned down to cooperate.

Ji Ting disgustedly took a step back. "Are you quite finished?"

"Don't want to know? Then fine." Shen Tuchuan said as he straightened up.

How did Ji Ting not want to know, she wanted to know like crazy, otherwise why would she have slept poorly for two consecutive days. Seeing that he was leaving, she hurriedly grabbed his neck and kissed his lips.

The moment their lips touched, Shen Tuchuan's body stretched out a bit. When she was about to let go, he grasped her waist and roughly deepened the kiss.

Ji Ting's eyes widened and she went to push his chest, but was held tighter by him. Ji Ting was a bit panicked and immediately bit him. Shen Tuchuan snorted and bit her back.

Ji Ting: "......" He refuses to lose even to this kind of thing, is he human?