Chapter 12

Ji Ting looked at him for a few seconds to make sure that he was serious, and suddenly understood that her efforts during this time had been in vain.

With a dry voice she said, "I just want you to know that your brother has not betrayed you, you have always been a person worthy of love...... I just want you to feel safe in this world."

In the end, a person's heart has a limit, there are only so many things that can be forgiven and accepted. He was full of hatred, how could he embrace the love from the world.

"No need." Shen Tuchuan looked at her coldly and turned to walk away. He would live with hatred rather than forgiving Li Tuo and reconciling with the world. At least his suffering won't feel so cheap.

Ji Ting looked back, sighed and decided to keep up. Of course, she knew how serious he was when he ended their relationship, but for some reason she could not let him leave.

The two were walking in tandem. Shen Tuchuan knew that she was behind, and accelerated his pace. As he walked Ji Ting saw his posture becoming unnatural with each step, knowing that he was suffering from a broken limb. In order not to let him go on like this, she had to stop first.

Shen Tuchuan realised that she had stopped following him, and the fire burning in his heart grew larger, almost consuming his entire body in the blaze. But when he saw a sneaky figure in the reflection of a window at an intersection, the fire suddenly was halved.

Realising that he himself was yielding, Shen Tuchuan took a deep breath and pinched his palm, forcing himself to not look back.

He didn't know how long he walked. He felt his amputated limb become wet. Was it blood, sweat? He had no idea. He felt pain at first, and then, it was numb.

In the shadows, Ji Ting panicked. She didn't think of hiding herself and ran towards him like a wild ghost. Seeing his figure becoming unstable by the second, she finally rushed over. Shen Tuchuan looked at her with cold eyes, not understanding why she rushed to him again even though she was hiding well.

"I'm sorry. I was wrong. I won't do this kind of thing that makes you angry again. Can you forgive me?"

After Ji Ting said that, she met his eyes which were as sharp as knives. She took a deep breath and smiled bitterly and said, "It's okay even if you don't forgive me, just don't do this anymore, please. Let's go home."

"I said we're done." Shen Tuchuan looked apathetic.

Ji Ting pursed her lips and gave him the key in her pocket. "Then you go back, I won't. The agreement we signed before, I won't support you, so you can have the house."

Shen Tuchuan looked on with disdain. He didn't believe that she was willing to give him the house. Alright! Since she wants to pretend, he'll play along and see how she continues to act.

Ji Ting asked cautiously, "Can I go back with you to pack my things first?" She felt a little uneasy without making sure that he got home personally.

Shen Tuchuan looked at her sarcastically and agreed.

Ji Ting noticed that he wasn't as angry as before, and was relieved. She stopped a taxi and sat in the back seat. She thought that Shen Tuchuan would sit next to her but instead he deliberately moved to the passenger seat.

The entire way back was silent. After they got home, Shen Tuchuan sat down on the sofa with a cold face and observed her, watching as to what she would do next. Ji Ting smiled kindly at him and asked, "Is your leg injured? Please show me."

Shen Tuchuan looked away, so Ji Ting could not do anything but helplessly go back to her room. As soon as she entered the house, Shen Tuchuan's lips had a sneering smile, as if he wasn't expecting her to leave.