Chapter 20.4

Li Tuo immediately followed in and went to the living room with her. As soon as he sat down, he asked: "Tell me, where have you been all these years?"

Ji Ting was silent for a moment, slowly speaking: "I don't remember."

"Don't remember?"

"En, I just remember going shopping by myself. When I got back, I was dizzy. Next thing II knew, I was thirty-three years old." Ji Ting repeated the previous statement to Shen Tuchuan. .

Li Tuo was startled: "Did you get amnesia?"

"I guess." Ji Ting carefully smiled.

Perhaps it was because he had experienced it before, but Li Tuo easily believed her words: "So, you don't know what happened in the past decade?"

"En, I don't ." Ji Ting saw that he believed her and couldn't help but be relieved.

Li Tuo didn't know what to say for a while, then he paused and sighed: "No matter what, it's good that you came back. You don't know how bitterly Shen Tu tried to find you all these years."

Ji Ting's heart moved: "Wasn't it said that there were murderers in our community at that time, and he suspected that I was killed? How come he still tried to find me?"

Li Tuo was shocked: "Did Shen Tu tell you this?"

"......What do you mean?" Ji Ting heard his different meaning.

Li Tuo pursed his lips and looked down: "Yes, it's like that."

"Li Tuo, I hope you won't lie to me," Ji Ting saw his expression. She guessed that Shen Tuchuan had lied about this matter and immediately looked at him sincerely, "If you guys keep hiding this from me, I won't know how much Xiao Chuan has done for me, which is unfair to him."

These two were the best friends. She believed Li Tuo's character would inevitably be distressed for Shen Tuchuan.

Sure enough, Li Tuo was awkward for a moment, but he still said: "There were no murderers at all. He probably said that just to hide his sufferings through all of these years."

Ji Ting's eyes widened.

"When you disappeared, the cameras all the way to the entrance of the community were broken. There were no traces of you. The police are still investigating, but it is considered as an unsolved case. Shen Tu did not give up and dropped out of school to find you. After spending all his savings, he sold the house. He used the money from the sale to make a bounty."

Ji Ting looked at him paralyzed and felt like she couldn't comprehend his words.

"His bounty attracted the attention of people who had been on holiday with us. Those people tricked him into a remote place and threatened him to hand over the money, but he decided that it was the only way to find you, and he would not hand it over. In the end, he was beaten almost to death, and those people were afraid something would actually happen so they left."

"He developed a high fever after being injured and stayed in the intensive care unit for a long time. Until the hospital called me, I didn't know anything about this. And that's when I returned to China to help him find you, but there was no news of you."

Li Tuo paused for a moment, and the sadness in his eyes could hardly be concealed: "In the past ten years, he had not given up. In order to raise funds to find you, he made money like a crazy person. To find people even remotely like you, he could fly over seas and mountains, almost dying on the road several times."

"In the past two years, he suddenly gave up and began to fall in love with architectural design. This villa was designed by him personally. Every small ornament was made by him. I thought he would finally start a new life. Until that day, because I hadn't been able to contact him here, only then did I find out......"