Chapter 29.4

His fever receded after midnight. When he woke up, he was no longer uncomfortable except for being weary. After eating the breakfast Ji Ting had delivered, he went to sit on the sofa and read a book.

After Ji Ting finished cleaning the tableware, she felt like she had forgotten something. It took a long time for her to think of it. She didn't say anything about Gu Zhi!

She did not dare to delay, wiped off the table and ran upstairs. She saw him reading a book as soon as she entered the door.

"Women's Favorite Things in the World"

......En?

Ji Ting was in doubt for a moment. Seeing Shen Tuchuan wearing thin clothes and sitting at the window, she dropped the matter. She hurriedly closed the door. Shen Tuchuan was used to her care, but when he saw her thin clothes, his face turned dark.

Know how to take care of others, but doesn't know how to take care of yourself?

Ji Ting turned back to see his black face, paused and took out the box. She did not ask him what was wrong, obviously she was used to his temperament. It was just that as she was about to speak, she was covered with a blanket by Shen Tuchuan.

Wondering, she pulled it off of her, and Shen Tuchuan said lightly, "Your clothes are too ugly, cover them."

Ji Ting was stunned for a moment, glanced at her uniform, and covered it silently with a blanket. Then she lifted the box to him, "Master, look."

Shen Tuchuan looked indifferently at the box in her hands with no intention to take it. Even if he was arrogant, he didn't think it was a gift from her.

Ji Ting didn't mind. She opened the box and exposed the pills inside. Shen Tuchuan frowned, "What's this?"

"Drugs," Ji Ting paused after saying it, emphasizing, "Gu Zhi gave it to me, saying to let you take one capsule a day, but not let you know."

Shen Tuchuan's eyes were piercing her like a knife, "You went to see Gu Zhi?"

"En, yesterday I was originally going to see the manager, but I chanced upon him. I wanted to tell you about this yesterday, but you were sick," Ji Ting said the matters one by one. She stared at the pill box and frowned. "I don't think it's a vitamin. Since he wants to hide from you, it's definitely harmful to your health."

Shen Tuchuan was still immersed in anger that she met Gu Zhi, and seeing the task she had been assigned, asked in a cold voice, "He said that if you make me take these, he would help you relocate, why would you still tell me?"

Ji Ting paused for a moment, then sighed, "Though I was a little angry at you, I wouldn't help outsiders to harm you."

When she said the phrase "outsiders", Shen Tuchuan felt like he was bipolar, as his mood almost turned good again.

"So master, is there a problem with this medicine?" Ji Ting looked at him seriously.

Shen Tuchuan's eyes fell on the pill box, his thoughts unclear.

When Ji Ting saw that he didn't speak, she thought aloud to herself, "But I still don't understand it. He is too sloppy ah, directly letting me, a person he only met once, do such important things for him. Is he not afraid of me telling you?"

"He is not afraid." Shen Tuchuan said lightly.

Ji Ting wondered, "Why is he not afraid? Does he think that no one can really stop him? Although you haven't been going out a lot, you can be regarded as a serious master of the Shen Tu family. Can he really control you?"

"He is not afraid because he feels that you would not tell me about this matter. Strictly speaking, no one would tell me this kind of thing." Shen Tuchuan stared at her eyes.

But Gu Zhi made a mistake this time, because there was someone in this world who did not seek benefits and avoided harming others, who only did what she thought was right. That is, someone would think about him and care about him. Whether it was because of 'work requirements' or not, she was working hard to take care of him.

Ji Ting froze for a moment and soon understood. The default master of the Shentu family was only Gu Zhi. No one would offend him for the sake of Shen Tuchuan. This was why he could easily bribe the family doctor in the original text, and Gu Zhi himself never doubted this.

It was probably also because of his special male lead halo.

Too bad she was not a person from this book and was not affected by the male lead's halo. She only wanted to help the villain and complete the task, so Gu Zhi's conspiracy was both too simple and strange.

"But I still think he is stupid, not quite in line with his reputation of business genius." Ji Ting said. This writing was too casual alright, even the character's actions were very irrational. To come up with this sort of poisoning plan, his brain's thought process must be faulty.

A slight disdain flashed in Shen Tuchuan's eyes, "Then who do you think is like a business genius?"

"Of course you, young master. Seeing the books you usually read, you must be pretty skilled." As she said this, Ji Ting deliberately ignored the book "Women's Favorite Things in the World" on the table.