~Rebels~ Pt 1

You stood in front of the heavy wooden doors. Your long heavy sword was drawn from its sheath, the tip pressed to the marble floors of the courtroom, and your hands gripping the cloth-wrapped end. It was your duty as a trusted soldier to guard the doors while the trial was in session. The order from your quadrants commander to you was not to let a single person in or out until the judge dismissed the case. It was particularly tense in the court today, somebody barging in would ruin the intense concentration among the court officials. Though you already knew what the outcome would be. They were just decided if death by blade would be better than death by rotting in the prison.

Soldiers patrolling the battle-worn streets had found a rebel beating up one of the military quadrant commanders in a dank alleyway. They had captured the rebel and brought her into the loyalist's base to determine what they were going to do with her. Now the rebel was kneeling in the center of the brightly lit courtroom, hands cuffed behind her back, and rifles belonging to soldiers who caught her were pointed at her head.

You were mesmerized by her. You rarely ever see rebels, and not up close like this. Your position as a soldier to the loyalist was to guard and protect the higher-up powers. You don't usually go fight battles with the rebels or patrol the city. Occasionally you will have the guard a loyalist leader on the streets, or travel from one facility to another. Though you had more training than any of the boneheads they are sending into the war zone, your true skill with never see the light of day though.

You were originally training to be an assassin for the communist government before the revolution began and destroyed the social security, destroyed the economy, and left only ones loyal to the dwindling communist leaders, rebels against the communist leaders, and anyone who is stupid enough to get between them.  You were disappointed when it happened. You got downgraded from assassin, to a guard ment to stand in front of the outhouse door while your superiors take a shit.

You were pissed that your put more than enough time into this and got nothing out of it. It was long grueling work for ten years. Eight hours of running obstacle courses, sparing with mammoth-sized men and sprite-sized women, fighting with your favorite sword - the WuShu DaDao broadsword - and so much gun trading to top it all off. All the work you were forced into because you were an orphan with a hot head. All for nothing. From that pointless experience, you have learned to notice people, notice what they are wearing, how they behave, and nd what they look like. That's what you were doing to the new prisoner now, studying everything you could, and being captivated by it.

The rebel had the build like an ox, it was obvious even through her tattered black hooded jacket she had large arm and chest muscles. Her hands were wrapping with stained white linen. She had a tight black jumpsuit on and camo cargo pants she most likely stole from a soldier covering her legs. Her pants were tucked into heavy and well-dusted boots. She had a flatly shaped face, there wasn't a dip between her cheek and eye. She had a round chin, and the smoothness stretched her tight nasty her heavily pierced ears. The bridge of her nose was chiseled, the the end of it was level with the beginning of her septum. She was pale, some freckles, some sun burn. Her misty eyes were sharp yet emotionless as she listened to the judge.

"Just to recap, Ms. Demi," Judge Hillsbury said in his usual pompous tone, grabbing the secretaries papers from his hands. "On your criminal file, you have been reported to have killed fifty of the government's soldiers, five quadrant commanders and thirty-" Hillsbury's chubby face shook as he said words, his judge robes were tight around his neck because of his alarmingly large double chin. "You have confessed to going against over one hundred laws set by our beloved leader and savior Percy Chun Chun. And you have violently attacked one of our beloved army commanders to the point of death".

The rebel, whose real name is Demi, nodded slowly. Her back ached from kneeling for nearly an hour. She just wanted this to get over with.

"I think we have all the proper evidence" he stood up from his chair, it squeaked with relief as the weight lifted from it. "I hereby sentence you, Ms. Demi Bennett to public execution via firing squad".