Snow

You raise your eyebrows at Rhea when she came walking down the hallway with her hands in her sweatpants pockets. You have been standing at the back door for a little while waiting for her while watching other wrestler and crew members leave. You were ready to go, to say the least.

"Sorry," she apologized. "It took fucking forever. Adam wanted to talk to me". She stretched her back and sighed deeply.  Before holding out the palm of her hand for you to take.

You pulled yours outside of your coat pocket and placed it in hers. "It's fine," you assure her, pushing the back door open. The night was cold, and quiet. It pressed against your face with the frigid breeze and seeped through your coat into your bones.

Since you don't leave until after midnight most days, the city you are fighting in is still when you leave it. But it was peaceful, calming, not creepy.

You were also met with little white flakes falling from the sky. It has already collected on the ground and the hand rails of the stairs. You tilt your head up at the night sky. "I didn't think it would snow".

The back door creaked shut and Rhea stood closer to you. "Woah" she said in awe.

You forget sometimes how she grew up in Australia where it never snows. She gets all giddy in winter when the snow starts to fall. You love that about her, it's so cute.

You look at her and smile, squeezing her fingers tighter. "Come on," you nod, starting to walk down the concrete stairs to the asphalt.

Once you were in the parking lot, you hugged Rhea around the waist and placed your forehead below her shoulder. She did the same and rested her head on top of yours. You started to rock together, swaying from side to side. You took a deep breath. She felt warm like a blanket, nice to hold onto, and the smell of her laundry detergent was the most comforting thing to you. It was indescribable how much you loved this woman. Moments like this where you just hugged under the snow remind you of that.

"Don't ever leave me," you mumble into her jacket.

"I don't plan on it" she chuckles in response.