~Rebels~ Pt. 2

You stand up and pull Demi up with you, draping her arm around her shoulder again. "We have to get going" you say frantically.

You were pulling Demi along as fast as you could across the battleground. Your feet kept getting stuck in the moist earth, tripping you every time and almost putting you on the ground. You were dodging bodies getting thrown in fits of rage, the pleads of help by injured rebels, bullets, and punches flying inches from your nose. So many times you note that everything you are sliding past could easily kill you if you weren't getting out of it's way.

You were having trouble processing this. How you went from leisurely sharpening your sword on the roof. To running for you life and freedom with a rebel with a broken ankle bearing all her weight onto you. You had a lot on your mind right now. What consequences will come to you if the rebels don't win and the socialists find you. It was death inevitably, you would made an example of along with all the rebels dying today. You thought about how cowardly it was to to be running right now and not fighting the rebels like you were meant to. That it was stupid to be helping this rebel and not killing her. Why didn't you kill her? She is crippled at the moment, you could just choke hold he ran slit her throat with your dagger. She kept yelling something, like stop or another halted call, but you ignored it seeing fresh whole .

The way out was in sight, the ruptured wall was light a light at the end of a tunnel of abuse. The rebels have blown many other giant holes in the wall with their make-shift bombs. You knew what type of bomb it was. It was basically a big jar full of potent chemicals that can become a bomb if you held a match to it. You don't know how they could make them strong and precise enough to blow holes in buildings, let alone through a ten foot thick wall.  You didn't care though, they had made an escape route for you.

The city beyond this little world you are chained to was getting closer and closer. Your pace got faster and faster, giving no regards to Demi barely keeping up with one foot beside you, still yelling at you to stop. But you couldn't stop, not when you were so close, so close to your freedom. Your chest was burnings smoke, blood and mud were on your shoes, your hair had come loose from where it was pulled back. People you once served were getting killed, maybe less then how many rebels were losing their lives. The rebels were losing at this point. They would get killed off, and it seemed like this was their last effort to bring down the loyalists. Seeing as their were so many of them. None of it mattered to you though, wether . Soon none of it would matter to your freedom. Until a large man hit you like a truck.

A soldier ran into you and knocked you backward and your body splattered into the mud. You laid there pathetically, staring at the gray sky for a split second processing what had happened. You heard faint yelling from all angles. Demi was talking to you, you couldn't make out what she was saying though, your ears were filled with the sticky mud. It was on your jumpsuit and splattered your face, but didn't get much in your hair.

You sat up quickly after that, looking around confused. You looked to Demi, she was clutching the stitch her side and looked exhausted. She is covered in mud, up her legs and splattered on her face and arms.

You got up and ran towards her. "Come on, we have to go!" you yell above the battle crie, grabbing her wrists and pulling on her.

"No" she said firmly, looking down your with her stone cold blue eyes.

You squint your eyes. "What do you mean no?" You wondered if you heard her right over the crowd of the dying. This is what she wanted right? To escape.

"I can't let my people die" she said, just as firmly planted. "I would rather fall by the gun with them then to live the rest of my life knowing I ran".

"There's nothing you can do, not in this condition!" you yell again. "Now come on, we can't stay here!" you again tried to pull on her, but she was like an ox, one that was determined to not move.