Propose

You hold onto Rhea's hand tighter as you both run under the shelter of the gazebo. The rain was falling hard on our head all the way and your boots splashed against the collecting puddles. You were both able to stop sprinting when the wooden roof blocked the rains path to wetting your clothes.

Your hands part from each other and you ring out your hair, knowing it would be so frizzy when it dries. "Wow, it's really coming down" you say above the shattering rain. It had interrupted your peaceful stroll through the park, and on one of your few days off. You turn to Rhea and walk a few steps closer to her from where she was looking out the frame of the small wooden canopy. "Sorry it ruined your plans" you apologize, putting a hand on her shoulder after she pulled off her soaked leather jacket and tossed it onto the bench.

"That's okay" she says, looking at you. Her short hair was matted to her forehead and rain droplets slid down her cheeks. You reach out and push the hair away from her face while she was digging though her deep coat pocket. "It'll work".

You squint your eyes in puzzle. "What do you mean by that?" you ask, letting your arms fall to your sides.

"I was hoping to do this in front of the fountain, but. . ." She pulled out a small black box.

Your heart skipped a beat and you took a step backwards, weight shifting to your back foot, wondering if that was what you think it is. She got down on one knee you were sure this was really happening. "Rhea. . ." You breath, knowing it was real not believing it. You weren't even expecting her to propose for a another year or two. You have brought it up several times in conversations but you never thought she would actually go for it.

She opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring nestled perfectly in the black velvet cushioning. "Y/N, when I first saw you, I felt like I knew you, and I couldn't stop seeing my life with you, and building a family. I can't imagine growing old with anyone else, nor so I want to. I know you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I have many dream, in my career and in my life, not the biggest one remains with you. You healed pieces of me I didn't know needed healing. You cared for me when I didn't know I needed that extra love. You've brought out the happiness in me I didn't know existed. So would you give me the extraordinary  of taking me as your wife?".

You covered your mouth with your damp hand, wet hair falling into your face. The rain seemed to go silent and the whole world was frozen. You knew the answer. You and Rhea have been through thick and thin together. You have loved each other for so many years. The answer was so clear you it was the shock holding you back from speaking.

Finally, you lower your hands a little and instead of saying yes, you nod your head eagerly. You hold your hand out