Insomnia

(POV: Rhea's an insomniac that can only fall asleep when you're in her arms. )

Panic fills your lungs as you look at your phone. You were supposed to be home nearly two hours ago, at 10 PM. "Oh my god" you breath as you see all the messages from Rhea. You don't even know what happened with all the time. You were with your friends having a fun time. The task you have of getting Rhea to sleep completely flew over your head. She must be so tired. You had to wake up extra early today at 5 AM to meet your trainer, and of course, once you're awake your girlfriend is too. You would have taken a nap and with her that afternoon to make up for leaving so early. But you had a meeting. Then you went out with your friends promising her you would get home earlier than usual. Now it's midnight and you were still a forty-five minute drive away from her.

Hastily, you pull your coat on over your outfit. Your friends wouldn't notice you left until tomorrow when you text them.

You unlocked the door to her house and kicked your shoes off. Your coat hardly made it onto the hook but then promptly fell off onto the floor. You went up to flight of stairs and into her bedroom. You two shared it when you lived together. It was a live of alternating houses and travelling but by the end of the day Rhea collapses on top of you and falls asleep. Travel seemed to be Rhea's life now, which is why it's so important for her to be getting enough sleep on the days she is home.

You open the door to the bedroom cautiously. She was sitting up in bed with the covers pulled over her knees and her head propped up with her hand. You were about to speak out but you felt too shy and ashamed to do so. You already knew that she was aware of your presence, it was just a waiting game to see who would speak first.

Finally you worked up the courage to step forward. "Listen-" you begin to say your defense, but Rhea finished it.

"I'm not mad at you if you're worried about that" she shifted her head so now her cheek was in her hand instead of her chin. She did this so she could look at you of course. 

Your arms fell limp to your sides as silence washed over you again.

"It's just, I got back from Eliminating Chamber yesterday and jet lag and I really needed you".

"Sorry, I really am" you apologize, walking up to the bed and sitting down next to her. Your hands were folded on your lap, though you were about to put one of them on Rhea's shoulder. "If you can just give me a second to change we right to bed".

It was silent between you for a long second until Rhea grabbed you around the waist and flopped back down. You gasp with surprise but briskly start giggling.

"Baby," you let out.

She didn't seem to hear you and kept her face buried stubbornly in the crook of your neck as she spooned you. After a few playful attempts of escaping you relax in her embrace. You quickly fall asleep together.

561 Words
--------
Honestly, I don't like too much so I won't be offended if you don't like it either. It was just something to get out before the end f the month. I just feel so guilty for not posting every week or every few days and I will try to post more.