"the wound has healed, a scar remains"

____________________

After the recent event at the training grounds, Adrastos was sent to his room and will be resting for a few days much to his maids and knights relief.

After a days past, their master is being restless though they're sad and disagreed on how the emperor treated his son taking all his anger out on the child .

Claude was indeed cruel

All of them was nursing Adrastos and treated him with great care as the bruises began to heal itself.

"Did father pay a visit to me Xifeng?" Adrastos ask making the woman flinch not knowing what to say

"No your highness... he hasn't yet payed you a visit" She answered when she notice how he pouted but soon smiled

"Maybe he is busy and will visit me later or tomorrow!" He gleamed and Xifeng did not utter a single response seeing how her master is happy.

She couldn't possibly ruin the poor child's mood

____________

His father did not payed him a visit once, too focus on drowning himself on alcohols to relieve the pain he is feeling.

Diana was stubbon and won't back down from giving birth to the child

'What did I do to deserve this!' Claude thought

He was so deep in thought as his son's face flashed in his mind making him click his tounge

"That weakling child, all he ever do is disappoint me if it weren't for father's wish to keep that child i would have kill him before he was born along with that harlot" He said cursing the child and his mother.

Adrastos mother is a grand duchess of the neighboring empire that Claude accidentally slept with resulting of accidentally impregnating her.

After his mother giving birth to him, Claude killed her and keep Adrastos as his father's wish.

Adrastos was an accident and if it weren't for his grandfather's wish he wouldn't exist in the first place.

"That child will never be successful" Claude cursed under his breath

_________

8 months later

Adrastos stared at the sight in front of him, his father going on for a killing spree at the ruby palace

"Why is father killing them?" He asked making Felix who does not know the prince is there flinch

"Your highness what are you doing here?!" He asked panick evident in his voice.

"Well I kind of want to see father before I go to sleep!" He exclaimed smiling wildly.

Felix was lost of words for what the prince said and only stare at the young prince beside him watching the scene unfold not caring one bit about the blood and scream.

"What are you doing here?" A stern voice making Felix look at Claude

"I want to say good night to you, your majesty!" Adrastos said smiling wildly while putting his hand in the air.

"You're bothering me, get out of my sight before I kill you too" Claude command at the same time glare at him making Adrastos cower and nod.

"That child is always troublesome, so annoying"

__________________________
to be continued