"All the harwork i did was never rewarded"

______________

5 years later

Adrastos was already 11years old and almost all of his baby fats were now gone, he is a fine child that the teens admire and the adults cooed at his cuteness.

At such a young age Adrastos had done quite remarkable and excellent things to benefit the empire. He truly is a prodigy and a gifted child

Today he is finishing the paperwork his father had sent him to do which was a lot but he manage to finish it earlier than his father expected him.

He was stock on his room for the past few days just to finish the papers making the maids worried in the past but they have grown accustomed to the young prince's dedication to impress his father they couldn't do anything but to only  sigh and  feel pity the young prince.

"I'll never disappoint you ever again father" He said smiling widely after signing the last paper.

As he went to the bathroom to take a bath before giving the papers to his father.

Strutting towards the main palace with a stacks of paper in his hand looking at the window from time to time when he was stopped in his track by the sight below him.

It was Claude with little child trailing behind them was a maid and Felix, squinting his eye to look closely he saw how his father carry the little girl and place her on the boat and him he following.

Adrastos felt his heart clench making him place his hand on his chest.

"It hurts, i want to go on a boat ride with father too" was all he said proceeding to walk and put the paper on the emperor's desk.

He left fast with a heavy heart and pure jealousy

'She is getting attention and even have to spend time with my father, it was supposed to be me!  With the thought he was clenching his hand hard making it bleed but he pay it no mind. He could never deny, he was envious of that girl

"They always steal everything!" He said as he went to the farthest wing of his palace wrecking the things on it while Darcio was there standing and letting the prince release all his anger out.

____________________

"Big brother it's nice to meet you!" Athanasia said smiling wildly at her brother while Claude was looking at their interaction.

They are at the garden having a tea time and Adrastos was summon to join them by his father making him agree not even a second.

"It is also a pleasure to meet you little princess" Adrastos greeted her with a small smile, his hand placed on his chest and bowed slightly.

'He was not mentioned much at the lovely princess' Athanasia thought while looking at the charming male in front of her.

"Athy like your hair big brother" She exclaimed genuinely amazed how cool his hair was as the male only smiled at her

'Noisy little brat her voice and her calling me his brother is disgusting' Was his thought deep inside

Darcio sweat drop as he somehow knows what his master is thinking right now

"How is your studies Adrastos?" Claufe suddenly asked him making him flinch but answered eventually

"I am about to finish the last thirteen pages of l-" Before he could finish his father interrupted him

" You are already 11 and you still haven't finish memorizing all the empire's constitutional laws and principles? Are you really doing your studies Nicoli" Claude asked glaring daggers at him while the people around them tense up

'He is still a child and you expect him to memorize all those, cut him some slacks' Athanasia thought clearly pitying her brother

"It seems like you can't even live up to your second name Nicoli"Claude mocked

"I am only to engrossed on the paperworks these past few days your majesty" He explained

"Are you saying you can't do them at the same time? And now i am having doubts if I really should appoint you as the future ruler of Obelia"

"I can finish memorizing them all by tomorrow your majesty"

"You better keep your words Adrastos, you already disappointed me enough. Go" Claude dismissed him as he continued to sip his tea and Athanasia staring at his retreating figure.

'Poor child but lucky for him he survive in the novel unlike me, he'll love you soon enough. '

_____________________________________________
to be continued

He is currently 169 cm