서른 여섯

"It takes grace to remain
kind in cruel situations. "

____________________

"Son, no matter what you decide, I will always be here for you... Be it destroying an empire or ruling another, it won't matter. I'll be by your side. " Lixieng comforted Adrastos, who is sitting down on the grass.

"Does it even change if I destroy and give them pain tenfold when It was already done in the past... Dad, I am conflicted, " Adrastos admitted, ruffling his hair as Lixieng slowly leaned Adrastos' head on his shoulder

"Just do what you want, son, you have a good heart... I do admit that doing revenge and leaving them is extreme, but son, you have suffered enough. What you experience is also extreme"

Adrastos just remained silent, remembering his conversation with Maximilian

He, for the first time, felt pity to the boy he once trear as his own brother. Adrastos may not be the one who experienced the most torture, but the rage left behind was all he felt to the people thats were involved in the suffering of the young boy.

"Come now, son, let us introduce you to the town's folk they would love you." Lixieng said, offering a small yet sweet smile to Adrastos.

Adrastos once again felt the unfamiliar and warm feeling he felt whenever something like this happened.

__________

Arriving at the town with a disguise with his face covered by thin clothing as soon as the people noticed their Archon, they immediately went closer to him, making the former chuckle.

"Calm down now, one question at a time." Lixieng definitely entertained his nation's, which Adrastos was taking note to when suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder as he looked up to see it. He then saw his father smiling brightly at him

"Everyone i would like you to meet my son whom i entrusted my nation to in the future. May you help each other to nurture and continue to make our nation prosper and be filled with unity and harmony." As the Archon spout those words, Adrastos was swarmed by lots of people greeting and welcoming him.

'This is so warm... It felt so nice... What is this feeling? I want to feel it more' He thought while clutching at his chest

"This is my most amazing son Nicoli, he had just woken up from his long slumber so i hope you guys will give him warmth and support you have given to me" Lixieng made an excuse while the people cheered while praising Adrastos.

Adrastos could not help but to smile at the people around him, he felt welcome and most of all he felt like he was loved.

"Dad... Thank you... A lot" He said while holding the fabric of Lixieng's clothes as the latter could only do was to smile at him and ruffle his hair.

"anything for my dearest son"

_________________
to be continued

sorry for the late update and for being on haitus for like four months?!?!? I've been seeing a therapist actually and I'm currently healing from things in the past

anyways I'm still working on other chapters its only a bit like six chapters, and we're actually nearing the end.