When you share a bed with your rival | Sunghoon

The presence of Park Sunghoon itself frustrates you, let alone having to go with him on a mission.

Your boss made it clear that the two of you are sticking with each no matter what and even though you complained about your will to strangle him, he just brushed it off.

"You'll grow to like him, trust me. He's an asshole but he's a kind one."

Ew. You glance at Sunghoon who's walking by your side and cringe at the words that still replay in your mind.

Like him? Never. He's incorrigible and unlikeable. You feel like throwing up whenever you look at him, he's too annoying and childish.

But he is one hot man. You can't even lie to yourself and deny it, he is hot. A hot annoying asshole.

"Do you have any problem with me?" His voice wakes you from your trance and you roll your eyes.

"A lot, in fact."

"You just hate me because I'm better than you." You suddenly grab him by his collar and make him face you, but the way he smirks at you is so infuriating.

"Of course, it couldn't possibly be because you're an asshole."

"Are we going to kiss or?" He mutters, the smug look on his face urging you to shoot him but you know you can't do that for the sake of your life.

If you ruin and fail the mission, your boss isn't going to be happy about it. Especially when it's one that involves his daughter.

The fact that he trusted you and Sunghoon shows how competent the two of you are, but you hate that he has to score first and you score second in every fucking test.

He shoots better, fights better, and thinks better. Everything about him is better and that's exactly why you hate him.

"You're such a pain in the ass."

Sunghoon shrugs while the two of you keep on walking when he suddenly says, "I'm better so I can always keep you safe in case anything goes wrong."

His words catch you off guard and you stop walking, looking at him with a disgusted expression.

"No thanks, I don't need you to save me." You say and start walking faster than him while he catches up to you.

"Yeah, sure. I bet that made your heart skip a beat." He jokes and you just sigh and shake your head in disbelief.

"I don't like you and I'm sure the feeling is mutual so let's stay away from each other and pretend the other doesn't exist." You say and walk away but he follows you.

"So sensible of you, I didn't know you had it in you, my lady."

"Can't you just stop provoking me?" The mission somehow is a success and you manage to get the boss' daughter safely back to him.

And now you're left with Sunghoon so the two of you go back home, only it's too late and you can't do that.

You can spot a hotel nearby and you glare at Sunghoon before you walk toward it. "Don't leave me alone!"

"Just go home and leave me alone." You sigh, approaching the woman who works at the hotel. "Hello, is there any empty room where I can stay?"

"Me too."

"Aren't you together?" The woman asks and you shake your head while Sunghoon answers yes. "Well, that's going to be an issue because we only have one room left."

"We're taking it, how much do I have to pay?" Sunghoon slightly pushes you away to stand in front of her and you take a deep breath to calm down.

"I fucking hate you."

A few minutes later, Sunghoon and you are standing in front of the room you were given hoping that there's not one bed. It's cliché and outdated and not with Sunghoon.

"I'm looking forward to sleeping with you, partner." He winks at you and you cringe. But the moment you step inside and stare at the bed, you feel all your annoyance build up and you're going to explode.

"Hell no, we're not sleeping-" You feel your whole body being pulled before you feel the impact on your back.

Sunghoon is pinning you to the wall, his face so close to you. "It's just for a night, Y/N."

You don't understand why your heart is beating so fast or why he makes you feel intimidated by the way he's so close, but when he pulls away, you let out a shaky breath.

"I'll shower first." He says nonchalantly and smiles at you before stepping into the shower.

Stupid heart, what are you going so crazy about?

You brush it off and lay on the bed, closing your eyes for a moment while you wait for him to be done.

He's having a concert inside while singing My Heart Will Go On and you can't help but find yourself chuckling before you slap your hand over your mouth.

"What the fuck?" You scoff. "Sunghoon, get the fuck out of there already!"

"Once more, you open the door!" You hear him sing louder and you put the pillow over your head and scream in frustration.

Eventually, you hear the bathroom door open and you turn to face him. "Oh, finally you're done after-"

The sight of him in only a towel hanging around his waist makes your eyes widen and your breath hitch.

"Yeah, you can go shower-" He says but you just walk past him and slam the door shut behind you.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. When did he become this fucking hot?

You start showering and close your eyes to kick away any unwanted thoughts before you change into the hotel clothes and step out.

"Are you-"

"Don't talk to me. We're putting that pillow between us and I'm sleeping on this side."

"No good night kiss?" He leans towards you and you push him away.

"Fuck you." Why is he so annoying? "Shut up and let me sleep."

"Yes, ma'am. Good night." That's all he says before there's complete silence in the room. You close your eyes for a couple of minutes while you enjoy the sound of the rain outside, and soon there's thunder too.

Slowly turning to the side, you stare at Sunghoon who's sleeping with his eyebrows furrowed. He looks so peaceful when he's not opening his mouth and annoying you for no reason.

You reach your thumb between his eyebrows and gently massage it so he stops frowning, but only then do you see the tear that falls down his cheek.

He's frowning again, this time his body slightly shaking as well. Is he having a nightmare?

You don't know if you should wake him up or not but when you reach to caress his hair, he suddenly holds your hand tightly and looks at you with wide, teary eyes.

"Y/N..." He lets out a shaky breath and you just stare at him in confusion. "I'm sorry, did I wake you up? Did I hurt you?"

He sits up and looks at your wrist, his eyes full of worry. "Are you okay?" You reach your thumb and wipe the tears on his cheek while he just stares at you.

"It was just a nightmare... yeah." He blinks a couple of times before he smiles a little. "Don't worry."

It doesn't look like it's just a nightmare, but rather something that's haunting him for a long time. But he brushes it off and lies down again.

"Are you sure? You were crying-" You glance at him when he sits up and hovers over you, pinning your hands to your sides.

"Sorry for interrupting your beauty sleep." He mutters and slowly kisses your forehead.

"What are you- Sunghoon!" You push him away as you feel your cheeks heat up. "Why are you always annoying?"

"I'm just playing my lady, you know I love you." He smiles and closes his eyes while shoving away the pillow between the two of you, taking away the barrier you've put around your heart as well.