When your rival protects you from getting shot | Sunghoon

"What do you want?" You stare at Sunghoon who's standing next to you inside the gang's hideout. "Go stand next to him."

Your boss has made it a tradition that whoever scores first in the fighting test will be his right hand man and will stand beside him in every meeting.

However, Sunghoon seems uninterested with the tradition as he smirks and leans closer to you.

"I'd rather stand by your side than by his." His eyes are holding some softness or affection, and either way, you can't tell why.

You roll your eyes and look away. "I only lost to you because you got on top of me."

"Oh yeah?" He raises an eyebrow and folds his arms over his head. "It's your weakness. I know you can't take it."

Your eyes widen at his words and you kick his leg, making him groan and hold it in pain. "You freaking-"

"You were good, I'm not gonna lie." You admit and he stops and stares at you in confusion. "But your tricks are so boring."

"Thank you, my lady. I appreciate it." He says and you shrug, looking away at the boss who's about to start speaking.

"Today I'm setting you in groups for the next mission." The boss says as he sits in his chair in front of everyone. "It's not going to be an easy one. We'll be attacking the Seongs."

You feel Sunghoon get closer to you before you glare at him. "It's only fair to have the first and the second work together so I'm going with Y/N."

Your eyes widen when he grabs your hand and holds it up for the boss to see. "What the fuck is wrong with you-"

"Yes, as long as you don't get distracted." He nods and clears his voice, making everyone in the place look at you.

"It's going to be hard but I'll manage." Sunghoon whispers in your ears, making everyone whistle and you feel your cheeks heat up.

"Idiot." You mutter and walk out of the place, making him go after you. "Do you want to make sure I get killed?"

"I'm planning on making sure you won't get killed but okay."

You stop and put your hands on your hips while you raise your eyebrow at him. "I don't need any help from you, just make sure you don't get killed. I'll protect myself."

"I know you're such a strong and independent woman." He shrugs then smirks at you, his eyes drowning you deep inside. "You know what to do. I'll go get ready."

You watch him while he walks away to his room and you feel yourself sigh heavily, in frustration and confusion.

Do you hate Sunghoon because he's an asshole or because you actually started liking him? The question lingers in your mind for quite a lot as you get ready for the mission.

Your gun is loaded and your knife is sharpened. God have mercy on the people who'll get in your way.

It's time to head out of the base when you see Sunghoon making his way towards you. He's dressed in the same black suit you're wearing yet he looks somehow more handsome.

"Lead the way, my lady." He says and you feel butterflies dancing inside your stomach. If he keeps on calling you, you might just kiss him at that point.

"Don't annoy me today, it's a serious mission." You want him and he nods, a serious look on his face.

"I'm not putting your life at risk. But I'll stay by your side." Sunghoon smiles at you and you just shrug, a little smile appearing on your face. "Wait, hold on- did you just smile?"