When the cold mafia boss isn't that bad | Sunghoon

"Is he here?" You ask, walking to the guard who's standing at Sunghoon's door. He looks at you with emotionless eyes before he steps to stop you from opening the door.

Which is a dumb move of his, because the next thing he knows is his arm being twisted.

"What are you-" He says, making you roll your eyes.

"Don't play with me. I'm here to see Sunghoon and I will so step the fuck away." Your words throw him off guard and he hesitates for a second before he sighs and walks away.

A smile of satisfaction finds its way to your lips as you open the door and step inside the office, staring at the man sitting at his desk.

"Lee Y/N." He speaks, his eyes glued on the documents in his hands. He doesn't even spare you a glance and it's frustrating you already. "Don't you know what's privacy?"

"Don't you know you're supposed to discuss matters with me before you take a decision? An important one at that." You lean on the door, folding your arms over your chest.

"I don't need your opinion to do this much." He's still looking at the papers and you roll your eyes, slowly walking around the office.

"You know what? That's why your plans are always failing." You chuckle when he looks up at you.

"What?" Park scoffs.

"You clearly have everything under control with the Kangs." The way you smile at him throws him off guard and you can see it.

"Why are you here?"

"Can't you tell? To make a deal with you." You sit down in front of him and cross your legs. "We both want Kang dead, it's about time we work together."

"What will you give me that will benefit me?" He cocks his eyebrows and leans against his chair.

"My men?" You smirk. "You know damn well I have the best men, so maybe you should consider this deal."

Sunghoon is sitting in front of you, his eyes scanning your every move. Yet you don't feel the slightest intimidated by his gaze.

"Do you have a plan or are you just acting without really thinking about it?"

You scoff. "Why bother with careful consideration and strategizing when you can just make impulsive decisions and hope for the best, right?"

"Quit the bullshit." He rolls his eyes and you sigh.

"You can trust me with this, Park." It only takes a couple of seconds for him to nod and extend his hand for a shake.

You're one of the most feared mafia bosses in the city, Sunghoon can never deny it. You had built your empire from the ground up with your own hands, and you're not afraid to get your hands dirty to protect what's yours.

Your sharp tongue and sarcastic wit alone make your enemies tremble, but people like Sunghoon know they can always count on you to have their backs.

Looking at his extended hand, you extend your hand and hold his, looking back into his eyes.

Park Sunghoon and you were members of the mafia training and he was one stubborn teammate. He'd always refuse to collaborate and the two of you would end up fighting.

But sometimes, he was actually... nice? Now that you think about it, he never hurt you, unlike the other men on your team.

Someone once told you Sunghoon made them regret hurting you in battles until they ended up begging him for forgiveness.

This must be a joke and you'd never believe it, but you can't deny the fact that Park is one scary man.

You hear him clear his throat and you pull your hand back, looking away. "Bring your crew to our headquarters for a general meeting. We'll be waiting for you tomorrow."

You stand up, glancing at him for one last time before you leave his office and leave his place.

A smirk finds its way to your lips. The plan is working as expected.

Then tomorrow comes, and Park's crew is present in your headquarters along with yours. His men are all armed which makes you realize he doesn't trust you that much.

But it's all in your favor because when you count to three, the doors swing open and Kang's men barge inside with their guns pointed at your men and Sunghoon's men.

"Hey, there." You smile, your eyes widening in excitement. The horrified look on Kang's face is priceless and you find yourself enjoying it too much.

"What the f-" Sunghoon looks at you in confusion and you shrug, smiling.

"This is the plan. Making him come here on his own."

Your men and Sunghoon's men become one team and they're fighting Kang's men while you take out your gun and load it, your eyes never leaving Kang's figure as he runs away.

But it's your place, he can't hide in it.

For a moment, you lose sight of him as he runs faster, but then you feel a hand grab your arm and pull you inside a room.

Kang is standing across the room, his gun pointed at you. "You're trapped with me, there's nowhere you can run to now."

Instead of feeling afraid, you start laughing. Then you slowly approach him, smirking while turning the gun around your finger.

"I don't need to run from you, because you see," You point at the gun in his hand. "I'm not trapped here with you, you can't even pull the trigger."

"What-"

Before he has time to comprehend, you're pointing your gun at him and his weapon is across the room, finding himself disarmed.

"You're trapped in here with me."

However, Kang scoffs and keeps looking at you without budging, and the realization hits you. The moment you want to get off him, Sunghoon's figure comes between the two of you and all you can see is the blood that's dripping on the floor.

You knew Kang drew out his dagger, but you didn't know Sunghoon would try to protect you.

Although, the blood that's coming out of the palm of his hand as he tightens his grip around the dagger doesn't faze him at all.

"Who do you think you are?" He asks, his voice sending shivers down Kang's spine. "To try and hurt her?"

"Why the fuck are you two pairing-"

"Y/N, close your eyes." Sunghoon's words make you close your eyes right away when you hear Kang's groan and a thud that makes your heart drop.

When you open your eyes, Kang is dead on the ground, with his own dagger piercing his chest. And Sunghoon turns to you, his eyes scanning you.

"Are you hurt?" The question sounds unreal when blood is dripping out of the palm of his hand and he's unfazed by it.

"Are you crazy?" You can only say this much due to your confusion and disbelief.

"I've never really been sane." He grins, pulling a tissue from his pocket and handing it to you. "Help me out?"

You stare at it for a while before you take it away from him and wrap it tightly around his wound.

And before you know it, as you stand together, both your crews gather around you after defeating the enemy.

"Looks like we make a pretty good team," Sunghoon admits, a hint of admiration and surprise in his voice.

"Don't get any ideas, Park," You say, trying to stop yourself from smiling. "I won't always need your help."

But as Sunghoon stares into your eyes, you can't help but feel a newfound interest in him.

He might be arrogant and annoying as fuck, but maybe, just maybe, there's more to him than meets the eye.