𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔘𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔳𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔉𝔞𝔦𝔯𝔶 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 1]

☆.。.:*𝒮𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒰𝓈𝑒𝒹 *:.。.☆

𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒰𝓅𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 - 𝐿𝒶𝓃𝒶 𝒟𝑒𝓁 𝑅𝑒𝓎

☆.。.:* ⚔ *:.。.☆

Y/N held Alex's orb in her hand, gently running her thumb over the surface. It hadn't been a very good day so far today. She had awoken halfway through the rising of the sun due to a nightmare. She couldn't remember the details of it, but it had been bad enough that she hadn't been able to get to sleep for the rest of the time the sun was in the sky. 

So instead of sleeping, she slid out of bed and padded softly across the room to where her small collection of orbs sat, each one on a small silver pedestal. She had taken Alex's back to bed with her and as she lay in bed, waiting for the time when the sun would set, she watched as Alex sailed across the sea with his mother and his first mate James Harcourt. They seemed happy as they sailed across the sea. 

As Y/N watched, Alex's mother and Mr Harcourt went out on deck to check and make sure that everything was running smoothly. And as the door shut behind them, Alex reached into his pocket and pulled out the silver pocketwatch that Y/N had given him before she had left. He stared at it for a moment, his thumb gently caressing the edge, before lifting it to his lips and whispering something to the metal. Y/N longed to hear what he had said. But there was no way for her to return to him. No portal would take her there, nor any crystal that would be able to bring her back. 

She sighed and pushed herself up, her blankets pulling tight around her waist as she turned. She hunched over, leaning on her knees as she gazed into the orb. Alex seemed happy. But every time she had pulled out the orb, she had watched him pull out her pocketwatch time and time again. Did he miss her as much as she missed him? It wasn't fair. She had gotten so much time in Underland, and yet hardly any time with Alex. True, Miran had been a wonderful host who had made sure that she had everything she could ever want, but she wished she could have spent more time with Alex. 

Soon, the sunset and Y/N slipped out from beneath her blankets. She placed the orb back on its pedestal with a sigh and headed to the bathroom. And upon gazing at her reflection, she realised just how much the nightmare had taken its toll. Bags hung beneath her eyes, her skin seemed to glow with a sickly paleness rather than its usual star-like glow, and even her eyes seemed hollow. 

"Curse nightmares," she hissed. She reached over to a small purple bottle sitting beneath the window. She sprayed the contents on her face a few times before setting the bottle back down and rubbing in the contents. Dusted clouds. It should help her retain some of her ethereal glow. It helped a little and Y/N sighed. At least her father wouldn't ask her what had happened. 

Her father was always very conscious of her dreams and nightmares, in case she was spending too much time in the mortal world, trying to hold back the darkness. It had been a while since she returned from Neverland. About a month this time in mortal time. But to those of Luna, a month was more like a week. And she knew that this nightmare had nothing to do with the darkness that she battled whenever she went to the mortal world. No, this was something else. 

"Y/N? Are you in there?"

It was Nova. 

"Yes, Nova. You can come in." 

Nova poked her head into the room and smiled when she saw the princess sitting on the edge of her bed. But her smile fell when she noticed Y/N's downcast expression.

"Princess? Are you all right? Did something happen?"

Y/N knew that if she told Nova about the nightmare, it would only be a matter of time before her father found out about it. "No. Nothing happened, Nova. I'm just thinking."