𝔖𝔭𝔬𝔱𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 1]

☆.。.:* ⚔ *:.。.☆

"Are you sure that the princess is our best choice for the task?"

Y/N perked up at the sound of her title. No doubt one of her father's advisors had forgotten that the library was not only her father's favourite place in their castle but also hers. She had awoken just after moon-set and had made her way to the library, hoping to hide from her princess duties for the day. Her father wouldn't be too upset about her skipping one lesson, would he?

"What are your concerns with my daughter?"

Y/N gently shut the book that she had been reading and crept closer to her father and his advisor. She wasn't sure which one it was. There were a few that hadn't been pleased that the task of Guardian had been given to such a young Luna, she was well aware of this, but she hadn't expected them to so boldly ask if she was the right one for the task.

"She's young, as is her heart," the advisor said. "She hardly knows any magic or how to control her powers, and the other advisors and I feel that she would be better suited to trying to master her powers here in Luna where you could be there to guide her. Let someone else take up her mantle and be the Guardian." The advisor paused for a moment and Y/N waited for her father to say something. "Do not forget how many times she has fallen in love already. She has only been to the mortal world a handful of times and yet she always seems to struggle to keep her heart in check."

"So what would you have me do," the king asked. Y/N smirked when she heard the icy tone in her father's voice "Would you have me strip away her title, despite the fact that she has proven herself to be able to control her actions? And she has not failed a single time to cleanse the mortal world of the darkness."

"But what will happen when she does fail?"

"When?"

Y/N gritted her teeth and clenched her hand at her side. How dare this advisor think that she would fail! Had she given him any reason to think that she would?

"I apologise, Your Majesty. It was a slip of the tongue."

"Why do you think that your princess will fail?"

"Because of her heart. She is a romantic, like her mother. She dreams of more than our simple Luna life."

"Do you think so lowly of your late queen?"

"No, no, Your Majesty, you misunderstand me. I am simply concerned that the princess will forget that she is Luna and that she will choose not to return."

"My daughter takes her duties seriously. She may not have as many years as you or I, but she is wise, and she knows where her place is. And as for her magic, she is mastering it more with each passing night."

The advisor said nothing.

"My daughter, your princess and future queen, I am sure is, the right one for this task." Footsteps echoed around the room for a moment before they were silenced by a door being shut.

Y/N could still hear the uneven, almost angry, breathing of the advisor. She frowned and pressed her back against the bookshelf, listening carefully to the man.

"Stella should have been chosen."

The door shut, with a little more force than the first time it had closed, and Y/N let out a small breath.

Stella was Atals' eldest daughter. Already over one hundred years in age and married, with complete mastery of her magic. She was known throughout Luna for being one of the best enchantresses and was also one of her father's most trusted court magicians. Of course, Atlas would want his daughter to be the Guardian instead of her. It wasn't a secret that Atlas wasn't overly fond of her. Ever since he had attempted to teach her a charm, which had ended up backfiring and leaving him without his hair for a year until his daughter had managed to find a way to reverse the charm.