𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔉𝔞𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔄𝔩𝔩 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 2]

☆.。.:* 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒟𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓈 *:.。.☆

The axe landed in the log with a loud thump and Y/N let out a grunt as she pulled it up, glaring at the log as it remained on the blade. One of the downsides that came with living in Luna was that she had little to no idea of how to do the things that most people could do in the mortal world. She had yet even to figure out what all people did in this strange place. Splitting the wood, cooking meals using things that she had never seen before, and cleaning with more than just a wave of an enchanted broom. It was strange, to say the least. In Luna, dust did not exist, save for the stardust, which people never cleaned. But here, it seemed that everywhere she looked, there was something that was a mess. Or perhaps it was just the people who lived here that were messy.

On the other side of the cottage, seven dwarfs were staring at the illuminated windows and watched with wide eyes as the smoke from the fire billowed out the chimney. They could hear the sound of chopping wood, and with each swing of the axe, a shiver ran up their spine. They did not know what was in their house, or near their house, but they did not like it. Not one bit.

"Maybe it's a ghost," one of the dwarfs said.

"Or a goblin."

"A demon!"

"Or a dragon!"

One of the dwarfs, who was dressed in a simple red tunic with patched elbows, watched the house for a moment longer before turning to his fellow dwarfs. "Mark my words, there's trouble a-brewin'," he hissed. "Felt it coming all day." He looked down at his feet. "My corns hurt."

"Gosh."

"That's a bad sign."

"What'll we do?"

"Let's sneak up on it," one of the dwarfs suggested.

Once the dwarfs had decided to sneak into their cottage, each one picked up their pick axe and held them over their shoulder, ready to strike should they see any sign of trouble. They crept up to the house, all the while listening to the continuous thud of the axe in the backyard. Every time the yard went silent, they froze in their steps and waited for the chopping to resume. They didn't dare make a noise when there were no other noises to cover their sounds.

Soon, they reached the front door and peered in through the window. A shadow was just disappearing through the back door and the dwarf who had been watching, who went by the name of Sneezy, flinched away from the window. He didn't like how the shadow had moved. Too quick, too silent, like a ghost gliding across the floor. He gestured to the other dwarfs that it had gone out the back door and they took the opportunity to creep into the house. Each poked their head in for a moment, making sure that the coast was clear, before completely entering.

One of the dwarfs, dressed in a green tunic and purple cap, shut the door behind him, making the walls of the house shake. 

Y/N looked up from the log she had been about to chop and frowned. She set the axe down and leaned it against the side of the stump before picking up her lantern and making her way back to the cottage.

Inside, the dwarfs, who had just shushed the dwarf who had shut the door, who went by the name of Dopey, were wandering about the lower floor of the cottage. They were stunned to see how clean the place was, especially since they had left it in such a mess before heading off to the mine that morning.

"Something's cookin'," one of the dwarfs said, walking over to the fire where Snow had set a large pot of stew. He sniffed it. "Smells good!"

The dwarf, who was named Happy, was about to lift the lid to steal a taste when another dwarf came over and shoved him aside. This dwarf's name was Grumpy. "Don't touch it, you fools," he snapped. "Might be poison!"