10𝔎 𝔖𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔦𝔞𝔩

☆.。.:* 𝒮𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒰𝓈𝑒𝒹 *:.。.☆

𝒫𝑒𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝓎𝓃𝓉, ℳ𝑜𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℳ𝑜𝑜𝒹 - ℰ𝒹𝓋𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝒢𝓇𝒾𝑒𝑔

☆.。.:* ⚔ *:.。.☆

Snow woke to the sound of a bustling castle and the chirping of birds outside in the gardens below his balcony. His eyes fluttered open and he turned to face the window, smiling when he saw a sliver of light floating in through the crimson satin curtains, shining across the marble floor, striking the golden tassels at the end of the carpet beneath his bed. Shutting his eyes once more, he groped around on the opposite side of the bed for the warmth that should have been there, but upon finding none Snow pushed himself up and glanced around the room, searching for his wife.

Y/N was never an early riser. Well, not of late anyway. It had been five years since her return to his kingdom, and two since they were wed in front of their kingdom. And since their marriage, Y/N had taken to sleeping in as late as she could, basking in the warmth of their shared bed and the duvets and comforters provided by her loving husband and her legion of adoring maids. And Snow was more than happy to let his wife sleep in while he tended to the boring matters that concerned his kingdom. As far as he was concerned, Y/N had done more than enough ruling for one lifetime. And while she was his queen and the queen of his kingdom, he wanted to enjoy her life with him and not worry about the mundane paperwork that seemed to pile up on his desk as much as dust bunnies in the dungeons.

Snow took a gander around the room, noting what was absent besides his wife. For one, the dress that she had hung up the night before was gone from its hook on their armoire, as were her shoes and her ring from the vanity. Snow sighed and lifted himself from the bed, carefully adorning his slippers before making his way over to the armoire and pulling it open. Sure enough, his wife's night things had been hung up for the day. Snow chuckled and shut the armoire doors, but not before taking his robe. He threw his robe over his shoulders and tied it tight around his waist before striding out to the balcony.

The morning breeze caressed his skin as he pulled the doors open, greeting him with the first scent of spring. Winter had finally passed and the world was starting to warm. Already the first flowers had begun to grow in the garden and Snow had noticed how Y/N had been spending more and more of her spare time in the garden amongst the flowers with her ladies-in-waiting keeping her company as they sat on the little wooden and stone benches decorating the gardens. Snow glanced down at the garden, but to his surprise, there was no sign that his wife was down there.

He shut the door and turned back to his room. Y/N would most likely still be in the castle if she wasn't down in the gardens. But where? He thought about this as he gathered his clothes for the day. A simple tunic, a pair of trousers, comfortable boots, his cloak, and of course, his crown. While Y/N often went without a crown, he was a little more obligated than she to wear the painful adornment.

He slipped behind the dressing screen and thought about where Y/N might have disappeared to. The library was a safe bet, as she often sought solace there when she tired of entertaining her companions, but she might also be down in the kitchen if there was something on her mind. Another thing Snow had noticed after living with Y/N for five years was that whenever she was stressed, she would station herself in the kitchen, out of the way of the cooks, and bake until she felt at ease. Or until Snow found her and managed to talk her into leaving the kitchen in favour of returning to their private chambers where they might have a moment alone. Beyond the two rooms, Snow wondered if she might be in the tower, or if she might be in the throne room - though he doubted that she would be. Y/N hardly ever went to the throne room without him.