𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔚𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 2]

☆.。.:*𝒮𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒰𝓈𝑒𝒹 *:.。.☆

𝒜𝓁𝒾𝒸𝑒 - 𝒜𝓋𝓇𝒾𝓁 𝐿𝒶𝓋𝒾𝑔𝓃𝑒

☆.。.:* ⚔ *:.。.☆

☆.。.:* 𝒮𝒶𝓁𝒶𝓏𝑒𝓃 𝒢𝓇𝓊𝓂 *:.。.☆

"Well, if it's not my favourite trio of lunatics," Stayne drawled, strutting down the incline to the table of the hatter, the dormouse, the mad March Hare, and the not-human nightlight. His eyes found Y/N through her silvery hair and smirked at her. "And another... maddeningly beautiful creature." 

Y/N shivered at his tone and took a sip of her tea, trying to ignore the pulsing of her amulet beneath her dress. She could feel it pounding like her heartbeat against her starry skin and forced her attention to the teapot where Tarrant had hidden Alex.

"Would you like to join us," Mallymkun asked.

The knave snickered, swaying slightly in his step. Y/N hoped that he would topple over right then and there, but unfortunately, no such thing occurred. Not even as the March Hare chucked a teacup at the knave, forcing him to duck.

"You're all late for tea!" The cup smashed into the metallic head of one of the red card guards that had accompanied the knave, his bloodhound, and his steed.

Stayne pointed a warning finger at the Hare as he and Mally burst out laughing. Even Y/N was forced to hide a snicker behind her teacup and bit her lip to keep herself from laughing out loud, though her shoulders shook the slightest bit. 

"We're looking for the boy called Alex," Stayne said, striding down the table. 

Y/N's body tensed and froze as the man paused behind her, her teacup resting on her lower lip as she waited for him to move on. When he didn't, she forced herself to set the cup down on her saucer and place it back on the table. Her amulet was nearly shaking against her now, and she could hear the faint sound of the tiny starlight chains moving around her neck. Stayne wasn't safe. He couldn't be trusted. But she could have told that even without the amulet. She waited silently until he moved on, trying her hardest not to flinch when she felt his hand brush through her hair. 

Mally noticed the girl's tense figure and hopped across a crumpet and a pie to the girl's hand that was resting on the table. She held the girl's hand gently, watching the knave with a furious gaze. Despite them hardly knowing each other, Mally was oddly protective of the girl, and she certainly liked her more than she liked the hardly-Alex boy currently sitting in the bottom of the teapot.

As the knave rested his arm on Tarrant Hightopp's high-backed chair, Tarrant decided to speak. "Speaking of the King, here is a little song we used to sing in his honour." He started swaying his hand like a conductor before an orchestra and Mally and the Hare quickly joined in

"Twinkle twinkle little bat, how I wonder where you're at. Up a-"

Having heard enough of the song, Stayne reached down and looped his arm around Tarrant's neck, choking the man. "If you're hiding him, you'll lose your heads." He snickered as he looked across the table once more.

"Already lost them."

Everyone seated at the table cackled wildly. Even Y/N, who felt herself growing madder and muchier, as the White King said, by the minute.

As he released the Hightopp, Tarrant launched back into song. "All together now! Up above the world you fly, like a tea tray in the sky, twinkle, twinkle, twinkle... twinkle..."