𝔄 𝔇𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪 𝔦𝔰 𝔞 𝔚𝔦𝔰𝔥 𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔐𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔰 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 2]

☆.。.:* 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 ℰ𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝒯𝒾𝓂𝑒 *:.。.☆

The morning had been filled with trying tasks and the burning sensations of blisters and calluses forming on his hands, and Elliot was tired. He always was by this point in the day, when the sun was high and the rest of his family retreated into the music floor on the second floor for his sister's music lessons. Not that he thought they would improve their musical capabilities. But that didn't stop his stepmother from at least trying to create something that she could use to marry off her two daughters. 

Elliot lugged a large bucket of water up from the kitchen and set it down in the middle of the floor of the lobby. It was now time to start on the task of cleaning the lobby floor. He had already spent a good half hour sweeping it and making sure that not a speck of dust remained. And now he had to spend another hour ensuring that everything was as sparkling as the windows that he had just washed. He could only hope that Lucifer wouldn't do something to ruin his pristine job on the windows before his stepmother got around to inspections, but he doubted it. 

Unfortunately enough for him, his stepmother had decided to add to the torture by leaving the door to the music room open. It was tiring enough to have to clean the entire house from top to bottom but to do it while listening to his stepsisters trying to sing made it all the worse. As he crouched beside the bucket of soapy water, he thought back to earlier that morning. To Y/N. The girl who had enchanted him with her voice and her song, and the way that she moved with a grace that his stepsisters could only ever wish for. He doubted that, even with enough practice, they would ever be able to move as Y/N had. But Anastasia certainly seemed to have more potential than Drizella. Not that he would dare admit that to his stepmother. Who knows what sort of wicked anger that could pull from her?

To try and block out his sisters, Elliot started to sing. "Sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-igh above me..." He imagined singing it to Y/N, and as he thought of the girl, he knew that she would be in his dreams tonight. He had hardly spoken two sentences to her and already he felt as though he had known her forever. "Sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-igh above me... Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet... nightingale. Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing... sweet... oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing... Oh, sing sweet nightingale, oh, sing sweet...

Elliot looked up from his bucket and his eyes widened when he saw the mess around him. Dusty paw prints were all around the room in ugly horrid circles on the formerly pristine floor. Elliot scowled when he saw Lucifer stamping his paws in the dust that he had just swept up, and he tossed down his cloth. It would take him forever to clean this up! "You mean old thing," he hissed, getting to his feet. Lucifer hopped away contentedly, knocking over the dustpan and spilling the rest of the dust as he did. 

Elliot grabbed the broom and was about to chase after him when there was a sudden knock at the door. He sighed, watching as Lucifer disappeared into the sitting room, before heading to the door. He pulled it open and was surprised to see, not only the royal messenger standing at the door but also,

"Y/N?"

"Hello again, Elliot," Y/N said. She took a letter from the messenger and handed it to him. "It's nice to see you again."

Elliot nodded and took the letter, wishing that he didn't look so foolish as he struggled to think of something to say in response. As he took the letter, his finger brushed Y/N's, and a spark of electricity passed between the two of them, making Elliot nearly drop the letter in shock. "I-it's nice to see you too, Y/N. Did you find the castle all right?"