𝔖𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔡 𝔖𝔱𝔞𝔯 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℜ𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 4]

☆.。.:* 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓇𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒟𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝓇 *:.。.☆

Y/N sighed, as she sat in the crook of Hangman's tree, fiddling with her amulet as she stared up at the darkening Neverland sky. She had all but lost track of how much time she had spent in Neverland. She knew it had to have been longer than a year, as she felt as though she had been here forever, but when the days all bled together, full of adventures and mischief, it became hard to tell them apart. More often than not, Peter and the Lost Boys would stay out long past sunset and only return when the sun of the next day started to rise.

One would think that she would have grown bored of living in Neverland when all the Lost Boys seemed to want to do was play treasure hunt or follow Peter as he went to attack the dreaded pirates, but Y/N had been kept busy during her time in Neverland. She often went to visit Tiger Lily or the Mermaids, and once or twice she had even been brought to Pixie Hollow, where she had been able to meet some of Rani's fairy friends. And of course, there was Peter, who never failed to make her smile as they chased each other through Neverland, sparring in the late hour of the night, and telling each other stories.

Though he would never admit it, Peter had grown up a little during the time Y/N had spent with him and the Lost Boys. He had not grown physically, but he might have grown a little emotionally. And he might have grown a little fond of the girl who lived with him in Hangman's tree.

"Y/N? Are you up there?"

Y/N sighed and slid down from the crook of the tree, landing on her feet with a small off. Slightly was waiting for her by one of the entrances to the tree.

"What's up, Slightly," Y/N asked as Slightly led her back into the hideout.

"Peter's asking if you wanna go visit the mermaids with him."

Y/N rolled her eyes. "He couldn't have come and asked me himself?"

Slightly snickered and dropped down the final slide that would take them to the hideout. Y/N was quick to follow and soon found herself sitting on the bed that she had been given after unofficially joining Peter's crew.

"So, N/N, you wanna come with me," Peter asked, floating in the air beside her as if he were resting on a chaise.

Y/N sighed. "Sure, why not?"

☆.。.:* ⚔ *:.。.☆

Far away from the good dreams of Neverland, a young girl ran through the streets of a city that had been reduced to rubble. Normally, children of her age would be wearing bright and colourful clothing or neatly pressed clothes, but instead, she wore a helmet on her head, wore a long beige trenchcoat, and carried a dark green bag on her back. Her companion, a dog who went by the name of Nanatwo, also wore a helmet and carried a few packs of provisions on her back.

You see, England was in the middle of a war. The entire world was in the middle of a war. And because of the war, the city where the young girl lived had been reduced to pebbles and boulders, with only a few houses still standing.

As she - her name was Jane - and Nanatwo ran through the city, sticking to the shadows to try and remain hidden, they stumbled across a mess of white markings on the ground. As Jane slowed, she realised what the lines were. A hopscotch maze had been drawn out on the ground. Jane stared at it, and for a moment, she could recall playing hopscotch with her friends when she was younger before her father had been injured in the war, and before her uncles had enlisted.

Nanatwo started hopping around, splashing water up on Jane. The young girl laughed and tucked the package that she was carrying into her backpack. "We don't have time you silly dog," she laughed. "We have to get this home to Danny."