𝔄 𝔇𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪 𝔦𝔰 𝔞 𝔚𝔦𝔰𝔥 𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔐𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔰 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 4]

☆.。.:*𝒮𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒰𝓈𝑒𝒹 *:.。.☆

𝒮𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔 - 𝒮𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒

☆.。.:* ⚔ *:.。.☆

☆.。.:* 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑜𝓎𝒶𝓁 𝐵𝒶𝓃𝓆𝓊𝑒𝓉 *:.。.☆

Y/N let out a yawn, stretching out her muscles as the sun waltzed in through her open curtains. A smile blossomed on her lips. Today was the day that Elliot and Henry would be returning from their adventures abroad. No more tiresome lords and ladies for them to meet, no barons in need of more land, no outlaws that needed to be caught. For once, they would be home in the castle, fulfilling their place as Prince and Duke. 

Eager to see her friends once more, Y/N threw off her blankets and ran from her bed to the changing screen where her dress was waiting for her. The king had been kind enough to give her and Elliot both a permanent home in the castle, and along with that had come a lavish wardrobe of dresses. There were so many dresses that Y/N doubted she would ever be able to wear all of them. 

As she dressed, she thought of how long it had been since she had come to the mortal world. It had probably been about a month now, but she couldn't say for sure. Time around the castle was fuzzy to her. It felt as though she had just come to this world yesterday, and she knew that already a few weeks had passed at least. Immediately after relieving Elliot of his bothersome family, he had been brought to the palace and given a place as Duke, and he and Henry had set off to introduce him to the other dukes, marquis, barons, and counts of the land. Y/N couldn't be bothered to travel with them and meet with stuffy nobility, so she remained at the castle, getting to know the staff and the ins and outs of the castle. So far she had been able to discover two secret passages that led to hidden chambers in the castle and used them frequently whenever she wanted a moment or two to herself.

Once she was ready, Y/N left her room, still adjusting the pin in her hair, and was immediately met by Prudence, one of the king's most trusted advisors. 

She was a rather stiff woman, who stuck with tradition rather than fun. Upon Y/N's permanent relocation to the castle, the king had asked Prudence to help Y/N get used to the life, and so the secret chambers in the walls had been Y/N's way of escaping the woman and having a few moments of peace and quiet to herself every day.

"Good morning, Y/N," Prudence said with a small curtsy. It had taken Prudence at least a week to get used to calling Y/N by her name instead of some ridiculous formal title.

"Good morning, Prudence," Y/N said. "How are you?"

"Good. The king has requested your presence in the entrance hall. He has a few things that he would like to go over with you concerning the upcoming royal banquet and the return of the duke and the prince."

Y/N nodded. As she passed a mirror, she stopped for a moment and adjusted one of the curls that had fallen out of place. She heard Prudence sigh behind her, but she ignored the woman. One of the things that she had demanded upon being brought to the castle was being allowed to dress as she wished. She had no official title and so Prudence had relented, allowing Y/N to dress without doing her hair up in ringlets and pins, save for the single pin decorated with a moonstone that currently sat in her hair.

As the two headed to the entrance hall, they bumped into the king and the Grand Duke.

"Ah! Y/N!"

"Good morning, Your Majesty," Y/N said, curtsying to the man. "You summoned me?"