𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔚𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 5]

A/N: TW - Alex and Y/N are sent to the mental institution. It is in the second half of this "chapter" under the "title" London. Feel free to skip on if you want.

☆.。.:* 𝒜𝒸𝓇𝑜𝓈𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒪𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒯𝒾𝓂𝑒 *:.。.☆

"Now, back the way you came," Wilkins said, showing Alex and Y/N to the main corridor which would take them out of the castle. "All the way to the end."

Alex sighed and started walking, Y/N following after him. What were they supposed to do without the Chronosphere? How would they save Hatter and his family? Could they sneak in later and try to find the Chronosphere themselves?

"Auf wiedersehen," Wilkins called after them, watching as they made their way to the door. 

Suddenly a horn echoed through the barren metal halls and Y/N stopped, turning around to see Wilkins starting to panic as Time called for his butler. 

"Wilkins!"

Y/N grabbed Alex's hand and pulled him back. Wilkins had left them alone. She glanced over at the boy, and a thought passed between the two. Maybe they wouldn't have to sneak back into the castle later. Maybe they could grab the Chronosphere now, before anyone noticed that they hadn't left.

The two ran through the castle, following after Wilkins. Unknowingly, the butler brought them back to the Grand Clock and they ducked behind a pillar on the side of the hall, listening and watching to see what was happening. Who was coming that had gotten Time and Wilkins so worked up? 

And then they saw the shadow on the floor. The shadow of a man with a heart shaped head too big for his body. Y/N gasped and her heart started to pound in her chest. Was this why she was still here? Because Iraceli had not yet given up on trying to overthrow his brother and get even with Miran for taking his crown? Her hand slid into the pocket of her dress and gripped the crystal. A year had passed without any sort of sign that her time in Underland was coming to an end. Maybe this was why.

"Your Highness."

Alex pulled Y/N closer to the shadows of the pillar where they hid and once more shielded her with his body. The last thing they needed was for the King of Hearts to know that they were still in Underland, and only a few feet away from him at that. 

"YOUR MAJESTY!"

"Majesty," Wilkins said, correcting himself. "My lord is expecting you in the parlor. Shall I announce you?"

"Oh, no matter. I'll announce myself."

The King of Hearts pulled out a trumpet and as he blew into it, the sound echoed around the castle. "Time! Where are you?!" The man stomped through the halls, two guards following after him as he headed towards the parlor that Y/N and Alex had just left.

Once everyone was gone, Alex backed away from Y/N and poked his head around the corner to make sure that everyone was gone. Once he was sure, he pulled Y/N out of the small alcove and towards the Grand Clock, where the seconds and Wilkins had emerged from earlier on in the day. Maybe there was a way to the Chronosphere through there? 

Alex went first, bending down a little so he wouldn't hit his head on the top of the arch. Y/N followed after, also bending down, though she bumped her head once about halfway through. 

"Are you all right," Alex asked as Y/N emerged, rubbing the top of her head.

"Yeah."

The two found themselves staring at the gear mechanism for the Grand Clock. Pendulums swung back and forth, gears moved this way and that all around them, and in the heart of it all was a giant brass gear with a glowing blue orb floating above it on a pedestal. They knew what it was instantly. The Chronosphere.