𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔚𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 3]

☆.。.:* 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝒾𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓂𝓅𝒾𝑜𝓃 *:.。.☆

"Welcome to Marmoreal." The White King smiled at Y/N and Alex as they made their way into the throne room, rising from his blue and white throne to greet them. "Wonderful to see you again, Y/N."

Y/N bowed to the king.

"I believe this belongs to you," Alex said, extending the Vorpal Sword to the White King. He had to bend down a great deal to give it to him.

The White King took the sword and ran his hand over the blade. It was the Vorpal Sword. He doubted that his brother would have been able to create a replica of the sword, but as he felt it, he knew that this was the true sword.

"The Vorpal Sword is home again," said the White King. He brought the sword over to a body of armour that was standing behind his throne and lay the sword across its gauntlets. "The armour is complete." Then, he turned back to Alex. "Now all we need is a champion."

Alex averted his eyes. He had only just arrived in Marmoreal and already the White King was expecting him to be the champion. But how could he? He was not brave enough to slay a beast like the Jabberwocky. And he had no idea of how to use a sword.

"You're a little taller than I thought you'd be."

Happy for the distraction, Alex bit his lip and shrugged. "Blame it on too much upelkuchen."

"Oh," the White King said. He extended his hand to Alex. "Come with me."

The King took Alex's hand and pulled him deeper into the castle, leaving Y/N to find her way back to the quarters that she had been given upon arriving at the castle, or to follow. She chose to follow and walked alongside Alex, who reached out and took her hand halfway through their walk. He squeezed it tightly. 

Despite being safe in the White King's castle, far from the wrath of the Red King, he was still nervous. Everyone expected him to be the champion when all he wanted was to wake up from this dream.

The White King led Alex and Y/N to a room and pushed open the doors. Immediately, he stooped down and ducked as a pot of what appeared to be pea soup splattered on the door, just behind the space where his head had been a moment before. Y/N flinched at the green stain and quickly hurried through the door.

"Is the March Hare here," Alex asked, ducking down so he wouldn't hit his head on the door frame. As he walked past the soup stain, he wiped some off and tasted it.

Sure enough, the March Hare was dancing around on the other side of the room, around what appeared to be a kitchenette. "You're late for your soup, ye wee besom."

"Could use some salt," Alex muttered. The soup was rather bland.

This resulted in the March Hare picking up the salt shaker and tossing it at Alex. The boy ducked and turned back to watch as the glass shaker shattered on the wooden door, adding both salt and glass to the soup. He made a mental note not to try any of the food that the rabbit put in front of him.

Alex joined Y/N and the White King, who were standing at a table near the windows, away from the March Hare's madness. He knelt down and rested his elbows on a blank space on the table, watching as the White King looked for the ingredients he would need to make Pishalver.

He picked up a conical flask, removed the stopper, and shook some... whatever it was into a cone-shaped beaker. 

"A pinch of worm fat." The King was smiling. Alex did not.