𝔖𝔭𝔬𝔱𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔅𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 2]

☆.。.:* 𝐼 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒞𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 *:.。.☆

"We should lay low," Jasper muttered, eyeing the box of Krispies that Horace had pulled down from the cupboard for breakfast. "That was a bit much last night." He glanced over his shoulder to his hammock where Y/N was still resting, staring out the window while Buddy rested on her lap. She didn't seem all there right now.

"You think? I fell into a cake," Horace mumbled in response. He scooped up a spoon of Krispies and shovelled them into his mouth.

Jasper pushed his chair away from the table and got up, taking his mug of coffee with him. Making a quick pit stop at the kitchenette to pour another cup of coffee, he headed over to where Y/N was resting and took a seat on the small step ladder next to the hammock.

"Hey," he said, holding the coffee out in front of her. "You okay?"

Y/N turned at the sound of Jasper's voice and gave him a small smile. "Yeah. Just a little..." She glanced down at the little dog in her lap and scratched him behind the air.

"Off?"

Y/N's smile grew and she took the coffee from Jasper. "How is it that you always know exactly what to say, Jasper?"

Jasper returned her smile. "I like to say that's my charm."

Y/N gave him a small kiss on the cheek before throwing off the blankets. She scooped Buddy up in one arm and swung her legs over the edge of the hammock.

"Want some Krispies?"

Y/N shook her head. "I think I'll just have some toast this morning." She set Buddy down, helped Wink down, and then headed over to the toaster.

As she was busy making her breakfast, the door to Cruel's room suddenly flew open and slammed shut. She jumped, nearly burning herself on the toaster as she did so. Cruel was reading the newspaper, and as he approached the table where Horace, and Jasper, were sitting, he swung his cane across the surface, sending Horace's bowl of Krispies, along with the box, to the floor.

Y/N frowned, her eyes flickering from Cruel to the Krispies and back again. What was going on with him?

"So," he said, slamming the newspaper down on the table, "let's begin."

Jasper chuckled nervously. "You're not gonna kill her, are ya?"

"It's not part of the current plan, but we might need to be adaptable."

"So that's a no?"

"If you heard 'no' it is." As Cruel passed by Y/N, he slid his arm around her waist and pulled her into him, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. "Good morning, darling."

Y/N stood there frozen as Cruel continued talking to the boys. He had asked her to be his date for the one night. It wasn't supposed to be a longer gig. She had been planning to leave later that afternoon and return to her hotel once she was sure that the boys were all settled once again. She hoped that Cruel didn't have any more plans that he would need her for. She still wasn't entirely sure she could trust him. The toaster chimed and Y/N pulled out the toast, setting it down on one of the plates.

"Not sure which one, so you'll need to kidnap all of them?"

Y/N frowned. What had she missed in the five seconds that she had been zoning out?

"All right, sorry. Slow down," Jasper said, setting his coffee down on the table. "What? What are we -"

"Darling, if I'm going to have to repeat myself a lot, this isn't going to work out."