𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔉𝔞𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔄𝔩𝔩 [𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 3]

☆.。.:* ℰ𝓇𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝒜𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝒯𝑜𝓌𝓃 *:.。.☆

The night passed and morning came. The sun shone brightly on the roof of the little cottage, and on the animals that had taken to sleeping on the front step and around the windows, acting as guards for the gentle prince who lived within. 

The first to wake in the little cottage was Snow White. He woke to the gentle chirping of birds and smiled to himself as he listened to their gentle tune. He had only been in this little cottage for one night, and he felt more at home in the little cottage than he ever had while living in the palace. At the thought of the palace, his mood turned dark. He greatly missed his father, who would take him on his knee and tell him stories of adventures, and allow him to sit and listen to council meetings. He missed the way the palace used to be filled with music and laughter, with happy servants who cooked and cleaned, and who allowed the little prince to take a bite of the cookie batter if he was good.

The prince pushed himself up from the bed and yawned, stretching his arms wide. His muscles tensed and relaxed, and the prince fought the urge to flop back down into his bed. Instead, he set his hands down and leaned his weight back on his palms as he gazed at the opposite side of the room where Y/N lay, her chest still rising and falling beneath the thin blanket. Snow felt his heart swell at the peaceful expression on her face, framed by h/c locks. Her s/c skin seemed to glow with the warmth of the morning light. 

Letting out another yawn, Snow rose from his bed and gently padded across the room until he was standing next to the beds where Y/N lay. He knelt beside her head and gently brushed his hands across her skin. She didn't stir. She remained where she lay, her lips parted ever so slightly, her eyes shut just enough to block out the sunlight, and the little blemishes on her skin catching the light and making it look as though a fairy had littered her cheeks with magic. 

Snow brushed a strand of hair behind his ear and bent down to kiss Y/N's forehead, before rising to his feet and leaving the room to go and start on breakfast. 

When he came down the stairs, he was surprised to see the dwarfs all spread out throughout the room, sleeping in rather awkward positions, but asleep nonetheless. Doc was asleep in the sink, Happy in the cupboard, and Grumpy in the, thankfully clean, pot that Snow had used to cook the soup the night before. The ladle was resting on the floor a few paces away from where the dwarf was sleeping. Bashful was asleep in a dresser, his feet propped up on one open drawer, while the rest of his body rested in another. Dopey and Sleepy were asleep on the bench by the door, the latter using Dopey as a pillow, and Sneezy was asleep on the woodpile. Snow felt terrible that they had sacrificed their beds for him and Y/N, but he was grateful to them. That night was probably the best sleep that he had in years. 

Before starting breakfast, Snow went to the front door and pulled it open, smiling when he saw that his animal friends were still resting on the doorstep and bench as if protecting him and Y/N. Not that chipmunks could do much if the queen ever did find the little cottage. But it was still nice to know that they were at least trying to protect him. 

With the door open, and the fresh air slowly stirring the dwarfs, Snow went to the kitchenette and pulled out a bowl. Maybe he would make pancakes this morning for everyone. Y/N would like that, wouldn't she? Or would she prefer something else? He glanced over at the stairs that led to the room where the girl slept. Should he wake her up and ask? He shook his head. No, it was best that she continue to sleep, at least for a little longer. Snow decided on pancakes and quickly got to work. 

☆.。.:* ⚔ *:.。.☆

Y/N and the dwarfs woke about half an hour later to the smell of pancakes, and Y/N rolled over in her bed with a groan. These beds were nothing like her canopy bed in Luna. These beds were plush to the point of squishing around her form as she slept, and it was the same with the pillows. They were comfortable, no doubt about that, but Y/N didn't feel like she was being swallowed whole when she slept in her bed in Luna.