Chapter 19: Could You Not Twist My Words?

L I L Y

"Hey, wakey-wakey!"

I sheepishly groan when I see Taylor in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I groggily yawn and scratch my head when I learn that I am not in my room, and as my brain recollects last night's events, my jaw drops, and I stare in shock.

I threw myself on Alastair, who rejected me because he was considerate and sincere.

Mortified, I jolt up only to bury my face in my hands and groan. 

Taylor clears her throat, "I heard from Alastair."

I stop and slowly peek through my hands as she crosses her arms and huffs, "I came immediately. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

I slump back and sigh, "What could you do about it? It's just embarrassing. How stupid I was?"

She swats my arm and snaps, "How can you say that? You are the victim of stalking—" 

"Wait, what?" I blink and stare at her.

"What are you talking about?"  

"What are you embarrassed about?"

The two of us frown and blurt out in unison when she sits beside me and explains, "Alastair called me in the morning and told me about what happened last night that some creepy bastard broke into your house and assaulted you."

Oh, that. "Oh!" I click my tongue and nod before I let out a relieved sigh. 

Not for long, when Taylor coughs up and snaps, "Wait, what were you talking about?" she gives me a scrutinizing stare when I shakily look away, fidget under the blanket, and gulp. Then, suddenly parched, I sideways look for some water when she shrieks, "Oh, My God!" and slowly look up to see her staring back at me with a stupefied expression. "You slept with Alastair yesterday, didn't you, right?"

Reddened, I look away and bite my bottom lip as I sigh, "Actually, he rejected me."

"HE DID WHAT?" her voice startles me, and she jumps to her feet as I blink to look back at her. She rolls her sleeves, runs her hand through her hair and huffs, "What the actual fuck! Why would he reject you now? Is it because you were assaulted and he has some pure, innocent girl sort of fetish or what?" she looks at me, "You know what, you don't need to be with him now, cancel your feelings because he doesn't deserve—" I silence her by leaning in and placing a hand on hers as I sigh, "It's not like that." 

She glares at me and scoffs, "I know we can't just turn on and off with our feelings, but if Alastair Alexander is such an asshole, then it's better to not —" 

"Taylor, he didn't do anything." 

I firmly squeeze her hand and make her look at me. 

"What?" 

Embarrassed, I lower my head and nod before slowly looking up at her, "He said that even if he didn't want to, he had to be a nice guy for my sake. He refused me because he didn't want to take advantage as I was vulnerable."

I literally feel her relax, and she mumbles, "Oh!" she then leans back and nods mindlessly, "Well, I do see Alastair's point. He lets you have your space and comforts you instead of being a creepy, pervy asshole and doing what he wants."

I cringe and scowl, "Alastair isn't an asshole."

"Yeah, that is what I just said." she indifferently shrugs.

I grunt, "No, I didn't like that word and Alastair in the same sentence."

"Woah!" Taylor gasps and amusedly scoffs, "Who and what have you done with my best friend, Lily McAllister?"