Chapter 27: True Happiness

L I L Y

"Mom, dad and Noah! I have something to tell you." 

"What is it, little one?"

"Did you get selected in a club like you were talking about?"

"Did you get pregnant?" 

"Noah, what the heck! Why would you say that?" 

"Exactly, our little one is only seventeen." 

"Yes, dad, I am only seventeen, which is why, no, Noah, I am not pregnant. But I do have someone I would like you to meet—" 

"WHAT?"

"Who is it?"

"Noah, bring me my shotgun!"

"On it, dad! I am bringing my baseball bat." 

"Mom!?"

"Ross, Noah, calm down." 

"Julie, we can't. Some guy is dating my daughter. I am going to shoot his brains out." 

"Mom!" 

"Sshh, silence both of you first, and tell me, Lily, who is it?" 

"Well, he is the meticulous captain of the broadcasting club, Alastair —" I feel something sloppy on my forehead as I sheepishly groan.

"Good morning, and Happy New Year, babe," he whispers and presses his lips on mine, only for me to moan.

I peel my eyes open and dreamily smile with him in my sight. 

Shirtless, Alastair sweeps me up in his arms and asks, kissing my skin, "Did you sleep well?" His blue eyes sparkle as I caress his hair and let out a relieved sigh, answering, "I slept perfectly." 

He leaves delicate kisses on my face and neck as he whispers, "You look ravishingly irresistible and beautifully glowing." moans escape from my lips as he says, "Did you dream good or were we a pretty damn good team?" he winks at me, leaving me to blush. 

"I dreamt of my family." 

"Oh." he instantly pulls apart and slightly frowns, only to make me laugh. 

"Why? Why did you stop?" I tease.

 "It's just weird to talk about someone's family when you are in bed with their daughter." he pouts. How cute! I lean over and grab his face by pinching his cheeks. "Aww!" 

I put my hand down and sit on his lap.

He narrows his eyes at me and then shakes his head and straightens up, "So," he coughs up, "What was the dream about?"

"It was about me introducing a boy to them and their reactions. They were so apt." 

I chuckle when he growls and pouts, "Oh, so this boyfriend of yours —" I stifle my laugh and interrupt him, "It was you in my dream." His eyes brighten, and he looks down at me, "Oh, really?" playing with my fingers. 

I give him a deadpan expression and shrug, "Yeah, I remember saying your first name before you woke me up." 

"Aww sucks that you couldn't see your family's reaction when you said me." he teases me when I smirk and cough up, "Actually, no, because I did see my dad calling for a shotgun and my brother bringing his baseball bat." 

"No kidding." he playfully shudders and then grins, "What did your mother say?"

"It was a dream." 

"But still, what did she do? Did she come up with her own weapon to use against the dream Alastair?"