Chapter 20: A Surprising Announcement

L I L Y

"Mm..." I groan in my sleep and slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the light outside seeping into the room. I look around and turn my head, only to find Alastair sleeping beside me. 

My eyes widen. 

Yes, he is sleeping on the same bed as me and may I add, he is shirtless. 

I can feel the blush creeping up on my face, only to force myself to look away. However, in vain because looking at him and watching him sleep is so peaceful. 

He looks so calm and pure when I compare how large his hands are next to mine. It's a miracle that I have been happy for a couple of days. I don't think I could be any happier than I am. How am I so lucky to meet him and be with him? I play with the brown locks that cover his forehead and beam.

But is it alright? My smile fades as I wonder. Is it all alright for me to be happy now after living a miserable life with fleeting moments of happiness and no hope, believing I was cursed to live an unhappy life? Is it okay to get this happy when there is a chance it can be taken away from me again? 

I gently caress his face with a sorrowful smile.

How pathetic of me to be anxious about something that might not happen. 

But one thing is for sure, no matter what happens, I don't think I can refuse my feelings for him. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"  His voice rings in my ear and cheers me up immediately. I blink and look back at him only to beam. 

I can't believe I am dating him.

I blush. 

I am his girlfriend, and he is my — boyfriend. 

My first boyfriend.

I boldly stoop down to his face and whisper, "Alastair!?" 

"Hmm," he cutely mumbles in his sleep, and I giggle but cover my mouth. 

I then playfully lean in and blow air into his ear as I murmur, "Good morning —" when he startles me by wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. I gasp as he opens his eyes and locks with mine. "What do you think you are doing, Lily?" he smirks sheepishly, making me blush for a moment before I surprise both of us by cupping his face and pulling him toward me, only to leave a peck on his lips. 

"Good morning!" I smile as I let him go and blush. 

I turn to move when he tightens his grip and whispers into my ear, "Not so fast." I giggle because his hot breath tickles me, and he leans in to kiss me when I press a hand on his chest and another on his lips. 

"Not now," I say. 

He blinks and frowns at me, "Why not? You kissed me first, and you should finish what you start —" "I know, but it's almost eight, and today is an important day for us." I escape his clutches and move to the edge of the bed when he sits up, only to groan and pout, "Still, that's not fair, Lily. You took advantage of my rosy lips when I was sleeping." 

"Your rosy lips?" I mock him, and he nods before I turn to get off the bed. 

Sensing him pouting, I lean over to leave a peck on his cheek when he turns and let our lips meet instead. 

Before I know better, he grabs my wrist and pulls me under him as I inhale sharply. With our bodies pressed together, he caresses my skin which feels so electrifying and makes me tingle as he leans down and gently kisses me back. He lets go of my hand and runs his fingers into my hair while I tangle my arms around him as we both tremble with the kiss becoming more urgent, fiery and — passionate.