The Letter: To The One Who Dazzles Me

I was trying to survive instead of living my life when you walked in. You smiled, inspired, and encouraged me. You were always there for me, and I feel like an entirely different person. Not that my insecurities are completely gone, but I smile more, laugh more, and feel so much loved... because of YOU! You were right, Alastair, life is indeed unpredictable, and you are the unexpectedly perfect plot twist in my life. You kept me from building higher walls and got through them by treating, caring and loving me tender and truthfully. You have filled my life with your beautiful colours. You make me happier than I ever was, and when you told me you loved me on that beach, I wanted to say it back. I couldn't, but you should know I love you more than ever. I am really grateful that I met such a wonderful person like you, and thank you for making a part of my life so bright and dazzling with your light. I am glad I got to know you, love you and be loved by you. We have a wonderful beginning, but what should I do when the universe wants us to be apart? It isn't easy, but I must let you go even when it kills me. I am letting you go because you deserve better who isn't fragile, fractured, overwhelming and overbearing. And if we are both alive, even if we are not together, that in itself is us loving each other through all the years.

I'm sorry.

I love you.

Lily