Chapter 22: What's Wrong With Disney?

L I L Y

Walk of shame. 

It's basically a return walk in the morning after partying hard or hooking up with someone. I have heard stories from Taylor and Zara thousands of times about their experiences, but I never thought I would be in their shoes this time. 

On a lookout with my heels clutched to my chest, I tiptoe out of the bedroom. 

A drunk confession led to kissing and going back to his penthouse. So why did I do that last night? 

I must be out of my mind, but I was drunk — "Oh, there you are." 

I flinch and gasp when that voice and a pat on my shoulder startle me.  

Alastair. 

I blush when I notice him shirtless to his glory and turn my head to avoid him. But he takes me by surprise as he leans in and whispers, "Did you sleep well?" 

I can't look at him or even at his toned abs. Memories of last night make their appearance, especially the ones when I was with him. 

With shaky eyes, I scratch my face with a finger and mumble, "Uh, I slept okay."

"Good. By the way, you were wild last night. Why did you drink so much?" 

Embarrassed, I lower my head and feel my face get hotter every second when he leaves a peck on the cheek, making this situation a hundred — no, a thousand times worse. 

But why does it feel like there's more I did than just kissing him?

"Come on. I made breakfast for you." 

I blink. 

Alastair slips his fingers into mine and drags me with him. "You must be having a hell of a hangover." Then, subconsciously, my feet move with him as I watch our hands and sigh when he clicks his tongue and continues, "We also have a lot to talk about, so let's just cure your hangover and talk in detail." 

Do we? I frown. 

"Yeah, we do," I murmur and let him lead me to the dining table.

***

We sit and eat the food which he made a lot, in awkward silence, but not for long because the two of us break the silence in unison by blurting out to each other, "Sorry!"

"Wait, what?"

"What are you sorry for?"

"You, first!" I mumble.

Alastair tilts and rubs the back of his head as he looks up at me and takes a deep breath, "Uh, I shouldn't have left you alone back then, and that announcement."

I wave my hands and huff, "Oh, I understand. Everyone was taken aback by that, and it was obvious that you and Adaline knew nothing too."

"But still, I ghosted you for a week." 

Yes, you did. I purse my lips in a thin line as he sighs, continuing, "I was trying to sort this situation, and then work piled on while I was giving you space. I thought it would be hard if I imposed my presence on you when you needed time to think —" I interrupt him, "It was harder not to see you and listen about you through the news." 

"Oh." He blinks and sadly pouts at me when I take his hand and lock eyes with him. I tilt my head and smile, "It was confusing and frustrating not to hear from you for a week, I kept checking my phone and stared at your name at night, but I knew I didn't want to disturb you, just in case you were sorting out things."