Part 5 Chapter 12 The Topa Affair

To the west of Terminus Island is the Fillades continent, where the Palpadia Empire is located. In the northeastern part of the continent of Palpadia, there is a large island where there is a country, namely the Kingdom of Topa. The island that contains the Kingdom of Topa is connected to the Fillades continent by a natural land bridge that is 30 kilometers long but only 300 meters wide. In the northeastern part of the Kingdom of Topa, there is another natural land bridge that connects the Kingdom of Topa to the continent of Grameus. This natural land bridge is only 100m smaller but longer, which is 40km. Grameus is a continent inhabited by creatures called demons, and they attack humans, elves, and others on sight. This causes no communication between demons and other creatures in Elysia.

At the end of the natural land bridge between the Kingdom of Topa and the Grameus continent, there is a castle town named Tormis. Tormis was used as the first line of defense against the incursion of demons on the Grameus continent. Its walls blocked off the natural bridge. They had repelled countless demon invasions. Tormis is equipped with a large fortress that covers the entire natural land bridge. The fort was nearly 50 meters tall and built of stone, so it was very sturdy. The best soldiers from the Kingdom of Topa were stationed in Tormis. They were one of the first to be equipped with the arsenal of rifles and machine guns that the Kingdom of Topa got from the Myto Empire.

There is a natural choke point in the natural land bridge, 6 kilometers from Tormis Fort, where the width of the natural land bridge is reduced to 70 meters. The Kingdom of Topa then narrowed it to 50 meters by digging towards the sea and flooding it with sea water. That's where the first defensive fort was made with a high wall shape, initially made of wood, then turned into dirt, and finally using stone. The fortress or defensive wall is called the Doors of the World, a defensive wall that separates civilization from the demon world. Recently, they strengthened the walls and the fort of Tormis using cement and reinforced them with iron obtained from the Myto Empire. There are three watchtowers on the wall, two at each end and one in the center.

After they received weaponry from Myto, each watchtower was equipped with two 12.7 mm machine guns. 12.7mm machine guns were also placed to the left and right of the door leading to the Grameus continent on the wall.The wall is also equipped with 12 7.62mm machine guns positioned equally against the wall. On the wall were placed 150 soldiers from the Kingdom of Topa along with 10 mages, all equipped with rifles.

In the meadow in front of the wall, the soldiers of the Kingdom of Topa, under the supervision of the Myto Empire, planted a lot of explosives on the ground. The 1 kg of explosive was planted under gravel, which was then covered with soil and replanted with grass. The explosives were wired to the defensive wall. There were more than 1,000 explosives planted. Likewise, the ground between the Doors of the World and Tormis' main defensive wall was also filled with explosives controlled from Tormis.

Furthermore, all weapons are mounted on easily removable mounts, allowing them to be taken immediately if the wall cannot be held. Enough trucks have also been provided to be able to transport all the soldiers to the main Tormis stronghold.

At the main fortress of Tormis, the outer wall of the fortress, like the first bastion or Door of the World, spanned nearly 170 meters, covering the end of the natural land bridge connecting it to the Topa Kingdom. In the fort, there are 8 watchtowers, of which 2 are at the ends of the fort and the rest are in the middle at the same distance. The turret, like the Door of the World, is equipped with two heavy machine guns. Likewise, the 3 doors on the wall were protected by 2 heavy machine guns for each door. 30 7.62mm light machine guns were located throughout the fort. Most of them were on arrow slits that were used by archers.

Apart from the outer wall, inside Tormis is also divided into three main sections: the north, center, and south. All of that is separated by a defensive wall, on which there is also a watchtower. The defensive wall separating the northern and central parts of Tormis town has six watchtowers equipped with two heavy machine guns each as well as 20 light machine guns along the entire length of the wall. The center of Tormis defense, Castle Tormis, is on the wall that separates the central and southern parts of Tormis City, to the south of it. The castle also has an additional defensive wall surrounding it. The defensive wall that separates the central and southern sections of Tormis also has six watchtowers equipped with two heavy machine guns each and 16 light machine guns along the entire length of the wall. While the walls of Tormis Castle have five watchtowers, three face north. They were also equipped with two heavy machine guns each and twelve light machine guns. Inside the castle itself, there are also four heavy machine guns and 10 light machine guns. The outer defense wall of Tormis city was 250 meters long and had six watchtowers, each with two heavy machine guns.