Part 5 Chapter 38

Esthirant City
10.30am

The sky over Esthirant looked gray from the fire that burned many buildings around the city. In addition, the Palpadia Empire's wyverns that guarded Esthirant City were no longer visible in the sky. Instead, Myto Empire's airspeeders were seen passing by to guard Esthirant's airspace while watching the city below. If there was any suspicious activity, then an airspeeder would immediately approach, and if it was a military activity, then the airspeeder would shoot at it. But the Myto Empire airspeeders did not attack the trains that were traveling out of the city to evacuate, whether they were filled with civilians or from various offices that were salvaging documents, valuables, and other objects.

Suddenly, a number of airspeeders descended to the surface. They headed for various strategic places, such as the location of military headquarters, ports that, although destroyed, were still active, and so on. As the airspeeders approached their targets, they sent down a number of dark troopers. The dark troopers quickly swept through the area. They opened fire on everyone with a weapon.

As a result, everyone in the area fled the dark troopers' invasion of the area right away. This included firefighters and other emergency service workers. This caused the fire, which had been under control in the dark trooper invaded area, to start burning again, slowly spreading to other buildings in the vicinity.

The Palpadia Empire's army did not remain silent when they learned of the invasion. They quickly moved towards the invaded area. But as they began to gather and become visible from the air, Myto Empire airspeeders strafed the mass of troops. This led to the Palpadia Empire's troops entering the invaded area in small groups, but in sizable numbers.

They tried to create firing lines that could maximize the firepower of their muskets, and some groups could even carry magic cannons that were used against the Myto Empire's dark troopers. However, Myto Empire's dark troopers had the advantage of a shield system and also had very high agility and speed, which made it very difficult to shoot them, especially with magic canons. The magic cannon bullets added to the buildings and started new fires.

As a result, the Palpadia Empire's troops could not deal with the Myto Empire's dark troopers at all. They didn't even manage to destroy 1 dark trooper, while the casualties on their side were huge, both from airspeeder attacks and dark trooper attacks. The Palpadia Empire's troops were quickly pushed back, although that speed gradually decreased due to the small number of dark troopers available.

The territory under the control of the Myto Empire's dark troopers was growing gradually but surely.

---oOo---

20 km south of Esthirant City
10:45 am

A 20-km-away war was raging, but the sloping white sandy beach and the farms that surrounded it appeared to be in complete peace. The waves crashing on the white beach seemed very reassuring. Some farmers were working in their fields not far from the beach.
Suddenly from the sea came flying machines that roared so softly that they could hardly be heard. They circled over the beach, causing the farmers to become frightened and run away from the beach. Some farmers rushed to the nearest government office on horseback to report the incident.

Soon, many machines were seen approaching the beach. It was the Myto Empire's tanks and APCs. They quickly occupied the beach, made a landing area, and secured a 2km radius around the beach and inland. Eight tanks and four APCs guarded the beach, and dark troopers dismounted from the APCs also patrolled the area to prevent anyone from the Palpadia Empire from entering the area, whether civilian or military. The 2 airspeeders also continued to patrol the area.