Part 7 Chapter 13 : 4th Day 11 Country Conference

Laifor, City of Erde, 100 km from the Leifor-Mu Empire border

Field armies A, B, and C would meet in the City of Erde, one of the cities that the Mu Empire's paratroopers had previously occupied. There was a railroad station that Gra Valkas had made on the outskirts of Erde that had railroad tracks that connected the Mu Empire-Laifor border and the capital of Laifor, Laiforia. There was also a main road from Laiforia and the northern Laifor area towards the border. The city of Erde was therefore a very strategic city, although it was not large, was very new, and therefore had no fortifications. It was guarded by a number of Gra Valkas soldiers, who numbered about a company. Most of them were killed, and the rest fled.

Currently, the city of Erde is defended by three Mu Empire airborne battalions. 1 battalion guards the railroad station and the main road nearby, as well as a small bridge. 2 battalions are stationed mostly in the city, and there are 2 companies standing guard on the outer perimeter of the city. They used both the deployed motorcycles as well as the captured vehicles of Gra Valkas to increase mobility. There were 10 trucks and 6 utility vehicles left behind by Gra Valkas. Additionally, Gra Valkas soldiers left behind a sizable amount of ammunition and several 7.7mm machine guns.

The Mu Empire troops themselves also carried a total of 20 76mm light cannons, 24 20mm AA cannons, 60 105mm recoilless rifles, 80 82mm mortars, and 100 12.7mm machine guns. To handle that much weaponry would require more than 1 battalion on its own, so the actual troops available were less than 2 battalions. Therefore, they are still requesting additional troops to increase the number of infantry troops that can be used. In addition, they brought 100 motorcycles, 30 3-wheel-drive motorcycles, and 30 cannon pullers. But in reality, they mostly used Gra Valkas' abandoned trucks to transport goods that were dropped off by parachute on the outskirts of Erde.

The people of Erde welcomed the arrival of the Mu Empire soldiers, who were seen as liberators of their land. Therefore, the residents also worked to help when the Mu Empire soldiers built defense sites. This caused the Mu Empire troops to quickly complete the defense system in Erde City.

The troops in Erde City were under the leadership of General Arman. He was in charge of three colonels who led three battalions stationed in Erde. The Gra Valkas army had previously used a small hotel as an HQ, which General Arman now uses. Because Leifor is still a nation without electricity, the only source of power is a generator that Gra Valkas also left behind. The generators brought by the Mu Empire were used to power the guard posts on the outskirts of Erde.

Currently, General Arman was in his office, which was one of the rooms in the hotel that was converted into a workspace. Suddenly, someone knocked on his door.

"General, we would like to report the last air drop we just got." Said a lieutenant who entered after being welcomed by General Arman.

"Oh, did we get everything we wanted?" said Arman.

"Yes, General. We also got 4 additional companies and 8 105mm cannons. We are trying to transport the cannons to Erde. They are quite heavy." The lieutenant said.

"Very good, at least we have additional infantry troops at our disposal. Many of our troops have to handle our cannons. What rank are their leaders?" asked Arman.

"Colonel, general. It seems that we will indeed be given an additional battalion." The lieutenant said.

"Good, if the colonel is capable, then we reorganize our forces so that we have 3 infantry battalions and 1 artillery battalion." Arman said.

Before the lieutenant arrived, a soldier from communications came and handed a number of documents to General Arman. After Arman read the documents, he said, "It seems that Gra Valkas will attack us. There are two groups of Gra Valkas troops approaching us, one from the north and one from the south. Call all battalion leaders and representatives from the communications department to meet here." Arman ordered the lieutenant.