Part 5 Chapter 30

The Palpadia Empire's capital, Esthrant,
Emperor Ludius' study, 08.00 the next day

Emperor Ludius held a limited meeting regarding the Myto Empire's attack the previous day. Emperor Ludius was also scheduled to meet with the Mu Empire's ambassador in a few hours.

"Why did yesterday's attack happen?" said Emperor Ludius angrily.

"Your majesty, Myto Empire attacked us after the 1st foreign affairs department notified the Myto Empire of ethnic clansing and arrested its diplomatic missions except for one person to be publicly executed to serve as a lesson for other countries who dared to disobey the Palpadia Empire." Ramille said.

"They dare to attack us because of that?" asked Emperor Ludius.

"Myto Empire attacked us to extract its diplomatic team. But the diplomatic team also included three unknown warriors who were very strong and were able to finish off soldiers and security guards in the 1st foreign affairs department." Elto replied.

"How many casualties are from us and how many are from the enemy?" asked Emperor Ludius.

"Report, your majesty. We have lost 133 soldiers, 47 building security forces, and 83 staff members of the 1st foreign affairs department who were killed. While the enemy suffered no casualties, except for one person who was reported shot but probably survived." Elto said.

"Whaaat, no casualties at all? While the casualties on our side were so great." Emperor Ludius said.

"Also reporting, Sire. On the military side, apart from the victims around the 1st Foreign Affairs Department, the fleet and navy military personnel and navy fleets in Esthirant were totally destroyed. There were 127 battleships destroyed, 281 wyverns dead, and the loss of life was over 47,000 military personel, including the entire main staff of the navy and 55% of the admirals. Currently, the navy has no leadership. In addition, there were more than 8,000 people killed as a result of the Myto Empire attack. Air Force casualties were 132 dead wyverns and 7,871 personnel deaths. Likewise, the entire military port facility and wyvern airfield were completely destroyed." said Alde. "We were forced to reorganize the Palpadia navy and also reorganize Esthirant's defense. The Wyvern bases and military harbors around Esthirant were also completely destroyed. There were no casualties on the enemy side."

Emperor Ludius could only sit quietly, listening to the enormous casualties caused by the Myto Empire's attack. Moreover, there were no casualties on Myto Empire's side.

"If they attack Esthirant again, will our forces be able to deal with them?" asked Emperor Ludius

"If you only rely on strength in Esthirant, no sire. We were unable to fend off a similar attack from the Myto Empire. But we still have forces around Esthirant that can be transferred to Esthirant and assist in the event of an attack." replied Alde. "But we must increase our vigilanteness for possible attacks."

"We must immediately move the forces in various areas to Esthirant to replace the forces that were destroyed in Esthirant." Emperor Ludius said.

"Yes, Your Highness. But we can't build military ports and airstrips for the wyverns in such a short amount of time." Alde said. "We are forced to use civilian facilities to support military assets that will be transferred to Esthirant."

"Can we avoid such a sudden attack at a later date?" asked Emperor Ludius

"We will be adding patrol boats as well as wyverns. However, we will use an old ship or a conversion ship from a civilian ship to carry out patrols by adding manacomm to the ship. They are required to report regularly, so that if anyone does not report, there may be enemies nearby. By using a ship that has low strategic value, if the ship is destroyed, we will know immediately and not suffer big losses." Alde said. "We are experiencing a shortage of deployable ships."