Part 6 Chapter 13

Terminus Island, Jakarta
Hotel Saluit

During breakfast, the diplomatic team from HME, who deliberately sat close together, once again discussed the Myto Empire technology they knew. This was because the gap between the technology in Elysia, including that of HME, seemed far behind that of the Myto Empire.

"I tried to disassemble one of the calculators we bought in Yogyakarta last night. It turned out that there were very few components inside. There seems to be a black blob of plastic covering a component where all the lines seem to go to that component. It seems to be the 'brain' of the calculator. It was very small, and the electrical lines connecting it were very fine. The manufacture of the circuit board seems to be very precise so that it can make those fine electrical conductor paths." said an electronics analyst who was in the HME group.

"Oh, what about the other components?" asked Rydorka.

"Mostly I find similarities in our electronic equipment, resistance, and capacitors. But there are components with 3 connecting legs that I don't know what they are used for. Of course there is no vacuum tube inside." Said the electronics analyst named Erike.

"Then how can the calculation be done? There must be no mechanical equipment inside, right?" asked Rydorka.

"Of course not, with such a small space and such a light weight, there will be no mechanical components except for the keyboard. That's using a very genius method. Using rubber that can change its resistance when exposed to compression, if a key is pressed, the rubber is compressed, and electricity can pass through it." Erike said.

"Hmm, can that design be replicated?" asked Baeluno.

"Of course it can. It's very simple. It would lower the cost of making keyboards for devices that aren't used much." Erike said.

"It seems that we should study the books we bought. If I'm not mistaken, there's a basic electronics book. Maybe there is an explanation of the mysterious components." Phiam said.

"Alright, I'll try to look into it." Erike said.

"Maybe there is another way we can go. We can go to a shop that sells electronic components, buy them, and ask." Someone in the HME group said.

"Oh right, try leading some people to a shopping center that specializes in selling such things." Phiam said to Baeluno. "I will go to the Mu Empire embassy to ask a few questions and survey the appropriate location for our embassy."

"Alright. Some people may stay in the hotel to study the documents and books we have obtained. Others can walk around the city to get other important information." Rydarko said.

"One of the things that might be important for us to know is their power generation center. Find out how they generate their electricity. Myto is a technological country, so electricity must be the main thing to run their technological equipment." Baeluno said.

"That's right, find out about that immediately. I will also ask the Mu Empire." Phiam said

"I think I'll take a look at their school. I want to know how the children in Myto Empire are educated. It is important to see how advanced education is here. I have looked at some of their textbooks, and I think they are amazing. For subjects taught at the university level at the undergraduate level, the knowledge is already beyond our doctoral level. The gap is so wide, not to mention the teaching materials, that I don't even know what they contain because they are so much more advanced than ours." Said an ambassador who used to hold the field of national culture.

That statement stressed Phiam. If the educational foundation of a country was so advanced, how could they compete in the future with the Myto Empire?

"But as expected, I didn't find any talk of magic at all. It seems to be true, they do not recognize magic at all. I want to confirm it down to the lowest level of education." The ambassador of national culture said.