Part 6 Chapter 5

3 days later
Elysia High Orbit
Shipyard 41

Shipyard 41 is a large shipyard capable of producing starships up to 4 km in length. Usually, this type of shipyard is used to produce star destroyers. Currently, Shipyard 41 is used to create battle fortresses.

One of the battle fortresses, 'Macross' has been completed, tested, and fitted out. There will be an inauguration ceremony for the battle fortress to become active in the fleet. 'Macross' was placed on the outside of Shipyard 41.

The inauguration ceremony of the Battle Fortress 'Macross' was attended by dignitaries of the Myto Empire. The ceremony opened with various reports and speeches from the project leader, the designer, and so on. Battle Fortress Macross was inaugurated by Moff Trevat pressing a button to open the main hatch of Battle Fortress Macross, connected with Shipyard 41.

After the main hatch was opened, all event participants entered the ship to have a look around.

"Trevat, the name of this ship is strange. Where did you get this name?" said Governor Ira to Trevat as they were about to enter the ship.

"Hehehe, it's from one of the stories I read as a child." Trevat said.

"Oh, I see." Governor Ira said this with a suspicious look.

Before Trevat or Governor Ira could say anything more, Dr. Anen, who supervised the construction of this ship, said, "This ship is the most powerful ship ever built by either the Myto Empire or the Galactic Empire, except for the Death Star. The two hyperlasers placed at the front end of this ship are capable of cracking a planet, and can destroy it in less than five salvos."

Dr. Anen's words were greeted by murmurs from the tour participants who entered the ship.

"With a fleet of ships like this, we can rule the galaxy we come from," said an admiral in amazement.

"That's right, these ships are only slightly more numerous and difficult to build than star destroyers, we are about 80% more expensive. This is why we are able to build a fleet of ships like this, without having to spend money and resources like building a death star." Said Kandar Hina, industry leader at Myto.

"Moreover, the crew of this battle fortress is far less than that of the star destroyer, only needing less than 5,000 crew." continued Dr. Anen. "By the way, the battle fortress class has a mecha complement. There are 100 mecha brought by 'Macross'. Actually 'Macross' is capable of carrying far more, but we don't have enough mecha to put in 'Macross' yet."

"In the future, I plan to replace our star destroyer with the battle fortress, especially as a command ship." Trevat said. "Oh yes, how prepared are we to produce this battle fortress class ship?"

"Shipyard 41 already contains six battle fortress ships that have reached the fitting out stage, there are also 14 battle fortress ships under construction. In a few months we will have at least 7 battle fortresses, and next year we may have more than 10 battle fortresses." Kandar Hina said

"Can we expand our production capacity?" asked Trevat.

"Not for the time being, moff. We are at full capacity for all our shipyards." Kadar said

"There is a possibility to expand our ability to make starships. We can use the production facilities left behind by the Iote nation." Admiral Krumbel said

"You mean using automated production facilities like on that satellite in 'Asgard'?" asked Trevat.

"That's right, plus the facility is capable of building ships the size of Super Star Destroyers, moff. The maximum length of a ship that can be built is about 20 kilometers," said Admiral Krumbel. "But we need at least six months to prepare it, including changing the computer system."