Part 7 Chapter 6

150 km from the position of the Gra Valkas Judgement Fleet

The Mu Empire's small fleet, consisting of the Battleship 'La North Star', and the destroyers 'Arabut' and 'Kamar', were moving at full speed, 32 knots, towards the position of the Gra Valkas fleet that launched planes to destroy HME's 0th Magic Fleet.

"Admiral, the radar is starting to show the presence of the enemy fleet. 20 ships in total. From the size of the radar echo obtained, six of them are large, possibly aircraft carriers or battleships. 6 are medium-sized, possibly cruisers, and the rest are small, possibly destroyers or auxilary ships." The XO said.

"Range?" asked Antroide.

"80 km, admiral," XO said.

"Hmm, soon it will enter the range of our SS-1 'Comet'. Prepare for missile fire! We will fire it below 60 km." said Antroide.

"Is there air cover?" asked Captain Arkaile.

"We have detected 20 CAP aircraft," said the XO.

"Contact our carrier. Instruct F3 aircraft to support our attack." Antroide ordered.

"Yes, admiral," the XO said.

.

.

.

1 hour later
Bridge of 'La North Star'

"Admiral, we are already 60 km away. Soon we'll be within their radar detection limit." The XO said.

"ETA of our air cover?" asked Antroide.

"12 minutes, admiral." XO replied.

Admiral Antroide and Captain Arkaile looked at each other. If they moved on, then they would be fighting without air cover, likewise, if they waited, then the possibility of the enemy detecting them would increase.

"We wait until our air cover ETA becomes below 5 minutes or the enemy shows signs of detecting us. Reduce speed to 10 knots! Order our escort ships to prepare to fire two missiles per ship. Individual targets come from medium-echo radar. For us to prepare eight missiles for firing, target the largest radar echo. Activate and warm the missiles." Antroide order in the end.

"Yes, sir." Captain Arkaile replied.

.

.

.

55 km from 'La North Star'
5 minutes later.

Gra Valkas Battleship 'Centauri', Flagship of Eastern Fleet Carrier Battle Group 2.
The commander of Carrier Battle Group 2 is Aion, who is currently becoming anxious as the air fleet strength of Carrier Battle Group 2 is only 40% of full capacity. Aion still had orders to attack the port city of Cartalpas, but with only 40% of the aircraft available, it was difficult for him to complete the mission, as he knew Cartalpas was guarded by quite a few fighters from HME. Although HME's fighter capabilities were far below Gra Valkas', numbers were a quality of their own.

Suddenly the XO came from the radar room and reported, "Sir, we are detecting a blip at the extreme point of the radar. There may be a ship approaching our ship. Bearing 240."

"Oh, the composition of that radar echo?" asked Aion.

"Unknown, it's too far away for our radar to detect." The XO said.

"Order one of our CAPs to confirm the echo." Ordered the captain of the 'Centauri', Genas.

"Yes, sir!" replied the XO.

"Hopefully it's not an enemy ship, our ship is still being rearmed," said Aion.

.

.