Chapter 2

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

I wake up at around 10 a.m. and go to my bathroom to perform my morning routine...
I do not wear make-up, quite frankly I don't need make-up because I've got really good genes. One thing about Ndoniyamnzi Jakkals is that she lives up to her name. At home my mom never wore make-up because she's gorgeous either way. She'd only wear it when perhaps going to a prestige function and even then she would almost look like a real life doll and turn heads, what's more is her generally friendly nature as she would easily socialise and have a chat with anyone but make no mistake, my mom is no fool nor is she naive and is able to put any guy in their place when they try their luck regardless of the huge wedding ring on her finger. My dad would always walk by her side with his hand gently resting on her back with a proud grin on his face. Those two are a real life power couple.
Now imagine me, practically mixed with my white, zulu and Italian genes. I have hazel brown eyes with a green outline, medium sized plump lips, I have long naturally curly afro that's dark brown but fades into blonde at the end with full eye brows and eye lashes. I have a medium sized body, fairly fit as I do gym on a regular basis.

Before I decide what to wear I receive a phone call and answer with a silly smile on my face.

Yammy: My boy! What's good baby?

Thabo: I should be asking you, you've been MIA lately what's going on bro?

Yammy: I'm sorry man, you are right. I haven't seen you guys in a minute. I honestly just needed some time to myself a bit and initially wanted to spend this weekend with the fam but I had a visitor and yeah she messed me up man.

Thabo: A'ight look ,I already called the bros to have a young chillas by my crib, you better bring your pretty ass here too so that we can finish this conversation over a blunt.

Yammy: Yessir, of course I'm pulling through, look let me get ready, I'll be there in a few, yeah?

Thabo: A'ight and Olly? (Olivia)

Yammy: Yes lala?

He chuckles.

Thabo: It's good to hear from you.

I giggle.

Yammy: It's good to be heard from, I love you okay?

Thabo: I love you too sis, I'll see you and stay safe.

Yammy: Always, bye.

Thabo: Bye sis.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk out and lock up my apartment and head straight to my pride and joy and drive out to Thabo's crib.
I got there and security let me in without any hassle as they knew me very well by now. I parked my car and stepped out and walked to his apartment. I didn't knock, I just let myself in as always and as I entered, I stood frozen at the door, not believing my eyes. When he sensed my presence he turned too. I swear I just started running to him absent mindedly and jumped onto him.

Yammy: Jay! When did you come back? Why didn't you tell me that you were back? No text, no call, no nothing?

I slap him on his arm getting a bit emotional.

Yammy: What's wrong with you? I missed you every single second since you've been gone and you don't even call to say that you're back? I mean, I couldn't even get in contact with you most of the time because you were always too busy!

He just stands there with his gorgeous self looking at me with concern written all over his face and rushes over to me and engulfs me in a hug.

Jason: I'm so sorry babe, I just thought that I'd surprise you, I swear that I didn't mean to upset you. I could never hurt you like that okay?

I nod. He gently raises my head from his chest to look up into his eyes and smiles wiping away my tears and kisses me on my forehead.

Jason: I missed you too, that's why I came back a week earlier, I just couldn't stay away.

I smile and bury my face back in his chest and inhale his scent just to help my mind to register that he's actually here. After a long time we let go of each other...

Meet Jason King my male best friend, well my brother actually. We've been friends for 4 years now, I met him in my first year of varsity while he was completing his masters degree in agriculture adding to his other degrees in business of which he got at a young age as he entered university early due to his intelligence.
He is the CEO of his families Logistics company that transports fruits and vegetables all over South Africa to leading retail stores. Furthermore his family owns huge farms in the Northern Cape where they farm their own produce that they eventually sell. He loves what he does especially travelling to the Northern Cape to go and take part in the farming activities, which is something we have in common. The love for nature. I have tagged along quite a few times with him to the farms and always have such a refreshing experience with him. He's been my rock and a very big part of my life and I just love him to bits.

Yammy: I'm sorry for crying like that and lashing out, that was uncalled for.

I mutter in shame.

Jason: it's okay love, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just then Thabo walks in with a couple of bottles in his hands. I go and give him a big bear hug too and he laughs.

Thabo: i missed you too Olly,I can clearly see that you were crying, guess you really loved your surprise huh? I mean normal people would scream and yell in excitement,  but not my Olly. My Olly breaks down mo spacing. (Out of the blue)

I push him off me, smiling.

Yammy: Eish etswa monna tuuu. ( Leave me alone. )

Thabo Sithole, aii this fool of mine. He's my other bro, we met at varsity as well, I actually met him through Jason and we just instantly clicked. He's quite a crazy character, loud,  lives for events, girls, drinks and ultimately a good time. He is thee life of the party.
He is currently studying psychology, contrary to popular belief, he is quite smart, and sensitive though he doesn't show it, deep down he's just a sweet heart who wants to help people. He's a ladies man though, a model and a trust fund baby, currently living alone as his parents relocated over seas, but he decided to stay, so we're his family now.
One thing about my boys is they're hot! He has a sexy chocolate complesion, he's tall with broad shoulders with muscles in all the right places. He has beautiful black eyes, thick pinkish plump lips, full eye brows and eye lashes along with a well defined jaw. He always has fresh clean waves and a dope ass fashion sense, of course.

We all head to his indoor studio/party room and sit surrounding each other ,each with a pipe in our hands and drinks filling up our cups.

Anzo barges in and goes straight for the first glass that he sees and chugs all of its contents. He starts pacing up and and down.

Anzo: Fuck man! I can't do this any more, why are yall females, so difficult, I don't fucking understand! I mean you say one thing, then go and act in weird ways, you want us far but get mad when we oblige to your wishes. You...you...arg man!

He stops and takes a few deep breathes. I stand up and pour two glasses of whiskey and hand him the first one. He gulps it down and I hand him the other as he does the same but this time it, really burns his throat and he looks up for a while with his eyes closed and jaws clenched then sighs. I take his hand and direct him to the only open chair designated for him. Jason hands him a blunt that he already started.

Yammy: Talk to us, what's wrong love?