Chapter 4

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

I wake up to my phone ringing. Arg, my head Is pounding. It's mom calling..... I walk further into the house, as to not disturb their sleep.

Mom: Good morning my baby!

Why is she screaming? She's making this headache worse. Oh right, her and dad had an interesting night I assume. I chuckle.

Yammy: Morning indlovukazi kaBaba. (Dad's Queen.)

I swear she's blushing right now.

Mom: How are you my baby? Are you still at your apartment?

Yammy: I'm okay mom, I'm actually at Thabo's apartment with the boys.

Mom: Awww baby can I please greet them, I haven't seen my other babies in a while.

Yammy: I'm sorry but they're still sleeping.

Mom: Of course you guys are still sleeping, anyways, your father and I are off to church, I called Cassie (our chef) to come and prepare for us a Sunday lunch so I expect you to be here okay?

Yammy: Yes mommy, I'll be there.

Mom: Okay bye baby, I love you.

Yammy: I love you too.

Few minutes later my dad calls.

Dad: Good morning princess.

Yammy: Morning daddy, how are you?

Dad: You know me princess, your old man is always good.

Yammy: Oh trust me, i know that very well, and admire that about you, nothing gets you down without your consent so you choose to be happy.

Dad: That's really beautiful coming from you my baby, your mother and I are doing our best to lead by example for you baby. We're really proud of you and the being that you are and the woman that you're becoming.

I start tearing up before I can stop myself.

Yammy: You're going to make me
cry so early in the morning.

He laughs.

Dad: Cry my princess, let out all those tears they are just a physical form of your joy so let it out and let the world see what is failed to be seen on the inside...Uhh honey look, your mom and I are on our way to church, please bring my boys along with you for our Sunday lunch, I will not be taking no for an answer okay?

Yammy: Yes, I'll let them know, bye daddy,
drive safely and enjoy the church service. I love you.

Dad: I love you too, take care.

I go back into the living room and everyone is already up and look like shit.

Yammy: Morning guys, I just spoke to the rents, and they'd like you guys to join our Sunday lunch, they really miss you guys.

They all look at me still out of it and give me a thumbs up.

Thabo: For sure. I missed them too
and I haven't had a nice home cooked meal in a while.

He says that yawning.

Yammy: Mara even you, you know that you're welcome at home any time, mom even suggested that she brings you a skaftin (lunchbox) every night and come check on you. But you're always busy at night don't think I haven't noticed. (But...)

Anzo: What happened to the chef that you,
hired, uhm...Melissa?

Jason: He fucked her, she caught feelings
and he dropped her.