Chapter 20

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals 

Mazibuko: I'm seriously disappointed. The work you've done so far has been great. We were so excited to have you on our team and be able to implement the system. You've done so much work for this company in almost 2 months and I'm really grateful for what you've done for us. Even our staff sing your praises. It's unfortunate that you have to leave us. Please think about it, you're doing software, your job requires you to work from anywhere in the world.

Yammy: I'm most grateful for the opportunity but I'll be graduating In a few months and I'm already working on starting up a company that's going to offer cyber security for other companies and hopefully overseas as well. I'm working on perfecting my software and will use it to make my company rise to the top.

Mazibuko: That is splendid news. Well then, consider us one of your very first clients.

Yammy: If that's the case, then I guess I could continue with the project.

Mazibuko: Perfect, im glad we've reached an agreement. Good luck on your business venture. I know that you'll make it big, you're really good. I hope to hear from you soon so we can finalise our working relationship.

Yammy: Yes sir, I'll keep contact.

~~~~~~~~~~

I walk out of the meeting with a smile on my face. I head to the café and order a chocolate muffin with coffee.

I sigh.

Lord you work in mysterious ways. Who would have known that they'd still want to work with me? Their going to be my biggest client. This is just...wow. I'm just grateful the meeting turned out the way it did. Cape Town is already looking good for me.

'You're leaving?'

She sits opposite me.

Samkelo: Why'd you quit?

Yammy: I'm moving to Cape Town.

Samkelo: What? Why didn't you tell me? Is that why you've been ignoring my calls? After what happened between us? Is it because of what you found out?

Samkelo:  You were going to leave without telling me or saying goodbye?

She says with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Yammy: I was still contemplating on whether to tell you or not.

Samkelo: But I thought that we...

Yammy: That we what? Were going to pick up where we left off?

She bows her head.

Yammy: After what happened? Remember? The last encounter we had back when you put your hands on me?

Samkelo: Yammy I...

Yammy: I'm not done talking. Till today, you've never not even once acknowledged what you did nor apologised. You continued as if it never happened! I got slapped right across the face cause YOU cheated on ME! YOU not ME and you don't even have the common decency to apologise? You think I'd want to be with someone like that?