Chapter 47

Few weeks later

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

This is honestly a tricky situation that I seem to find myself in. Now that I think about it...it may have been silly and naive of me to not consider the fact that all these weird sorcery would in actual fact catch up with Summer. I just never expected it to be this soon.

I was able to figure out that the creature that had visited my baby was in actual fact a...fairy. Yeah I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one...
It didn't seem to be harmful in any way but I still have to properly investigate this matter. One mistake I won't do is to relax especially where my baby is concerned.

I hear her crying through the baby monitor and immediately get up to go and attend to her. It's not like I was sleeping anyway.

I pick her up and then sit on a rocking chair and breastfeed her while humming softly. She tugs and pulls on my breast making me flinch a bit. She makes the cutest baby noises as she drinks up while I softly caress her tiny body and give her a gentle peck.

Yammy: Mommy loves you so much and she'll never let anything harm you ever. You'll never suffer not while I'm alive and I'll make sure of that. I'm going to do everything in my power to give you and your big bother the best upbringing possible full of love joy and a lot of fun times my angel. I promise.

When she falls asleep, I place her back in her cot then walk out. I manoeuvre in the dark till I reach the door to my bedroom and hold my hand out in order to open the door but stop midway as a sudden wave of pain and sadness washes over me. My hands start trembling till I let out a soft cry and quickly place my hand over my mouth to minimise the noise as tears make their way down my cheeks.
I then turn around and hold onto the wall for support while make my way down the stairs into the spare bedroom and let it all out. I cry my heart out as a numbing pain shoots to my throat making me cry even louder.
I trace my hands over the blue/purple marks on my neck and a large patch on my abdomin and shiver in absolute terror that this is my reality.

***********

Around 5:00 a.m. I'm woken up by my alarm and as soon as my head is lifted off the pillow a huge migraine hits me hard. I take a moment to adjust to the pain and go grab some pills and drink them.
I then put on a scarf and my long gown and make my way to the kitchen where I make myself a warm cup of tea and put some water in a pot then leave it on the stove to boil.

I make my way to Rohphi's room to wake him up.

Yammy: Wake up nana. It's time for school.

Rophi: Mmh mmh ma 5 minutes...

He turns his head to face the wall away from me. It's the same thing every single morning. He truly hates waking up in the morning for school and to be honest he still has a long way to go and I don't see him adjusting but he'll be strong.

5 minutes later I'm back and he's already crying. I then sit on his bed and pick him up then rock him back and forth and peck him on his forehead.

Yammy: I'm so sorry my baby but you have to get ready okay?

I give him one last peck and in no time he's bathing and getting ready while I make my way into the kitchen and start making oats.