Chapter 44

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

I stand from a distance and watch him working hard with his workers. The sun is scorching hot and i almost laugh at his red skin.

Farm worker: Haii Mev.King is dit jou vir rerig? ( Mrs King is it really you?)

Yammy: Yah dis ek hoe gaan dit met u? ( Yeah its me how are you doing?)

Farm worker: Ek is oryt man ons het jou baie gemis die baas ook. ( Im alright man we missed you the boss too.)

She then winks at me.

Farm worker: Johannes kom sien wie is hier! ( come see who's here!)

Just then Jay looks up and our eyes lock.

He immediately stops his work and dusts off his hands and rinses them and doing all this while looking at me.

He then makes his way to me and i meet him half way and engulf him in a hug. He picks me up and spins me around and holds me tight for dear life. We stay like that for some time with the farm workers busy clapping and celebrating.

Yammy: I missed you.

Jason: I missed you more.

He then abruptly lets go and looks down at my stomach in confusion.

Yammy: I gave birth Jay to a beautiful baby girl she has your eyes Jay she's absolutely precious.

Jason: Can i see her? Did you bring her with?

I nod and smile with tears in my eyes.

He doesnt waste time but grabs my hands and leads me to a bakkie of which we climb and i lead the way to his house here in Northern Cape.

Jason: How did you...

Yammy: I have my ways just go clean up and then come meet your daughter.

He rushes inside and takes the shortest shower in the history of short showers. I then take Mulalo from my mom and wait for Jay to finish up and once he shows up i swear he already has tears in his eyes.

He cautiously makes his way to us and stares at our baby in my arms.

Jason: Wow thank you thank you so much Bella you don't know how happy you've made me.

Jason: Vitiligo huh?

Yammy: Yes it really suits her doesn't it?

Jason: She's just perfect Bella.

He says with the biggest smile on his face then gently takes her from me, i then show him how to hold her and give him space to bond with her.

Jason: Don't go please.

I stay and bond with them.

Yammy: Go ahead and give her a name.

He looks up at me.

Jason: Summer.

Yammy: i love it.