Chapter 5

Olivia Yamkela Jakkals

We're currently having lunch at my house.

Thabo: ...so yeah thats why my chef quit, she had to go and look after her sick mother who has cancer. It was quite painful.

Trust this fool to lie through his teeth.

Mom: I'm so sorry baby, arg thats really sad. I think I'll go visit her and offer my help in any kind of way.

That's my mom for you.

Thabo: That would be wonderful but I unfortunately don't know where her mothers home is... so Yammy was telling me that you wanted to prepare skaftins with your delicious home cooked meal? (Lunchboxes)

My mom smiles so loving and warmly.

Mom: Yes my dear, since Karabo and Mike
(Thabo's parents) moved over seas, you're our responsibility. I have to take care of you.

He smiles widely.

Thabo: Dankie dimamzo! ( Thanks mom.)

Dad: Young man, you have to learn how to
cook.

Mom: Hao Kevin... (But.)

He looks at my mom and smiles then looks at the boys with the same loving smile.

Dad: I'm sorry my love but it's the truth, you should be able to cook for yourself, all of you. You need to be able to cook for yourself and be independent.

Them: Yes pops.

Dad: Please don't have the mentality that you'll find a wife to cook for you. No, I want you guys to be able to cook and do all these things for yourself. She'll be your wife not your maid and your union will have to be equal. Look at me. I make sure I cook whenever my wife is busy, too tired or just to spoil her and have her relax. I love this woman with my all and spend everyday trying to make her life easier and enjoyable, not unbearable. Once you find the one , worship the ground that she walks on and keep her happy and you'll see. You can come to me for advice anytime. I'll be here for you guys and will lead you in the right direction. Please learn from each others
mistakes and stay strong for each other and remember if you need to cry you do it, there's no such a thing as a man doesn't cry. We don't live by that nonsense, under my roof. You dont bottle things up, you either talk or take it out in the gym. I will not tolerate any domestic abuse, in fact I won't even go into it. I know you are exceptional boys and I'm proud of you,I love you guys okay?

Them: We love you too pops.

Yammy: Anzo, are you okay?

Mom: What's wrong honey?

Thabo explains to my mom what happened, of course leaving out some information...his speciality .

She stands up and goes over to hug him.

Mom: Oh my, how could she do this to you? I'm so sorry my baby, I know how much you truly loved her.

He stars crying softly.

Mom: (shhhh) I know... I know, its okay my baby ,I'm right here. Momma is right here.

She says that while holding him tight and rubbing him on his back and gently kissing him on his head. He's always been very sensitive.

Dad: I commend you son, for being a true gentleman and handling the situation the way you did. I'm proud of you.

I stand up on my way to him.

Yammy : Group hug!

Everyone comes over to Mom and Anzo and we all share a big hug surrounding Anzo and giving him the support he needs.